Main Menu

RIP Ken Stabler

Started by mirth, July 09, 2015, 07:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Capn Darwin

The passing of a Raider Great!. RIP Ken.  :'(
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

mirth

It's important to remember there was a time when the Raiders were great.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Steelgrave

Stabler was at his prime just as I was entering my teenage years and discovering the NFL. He was one of my favorite players and the Raiders were a terror. When he was traded to the Houston Oilers, the entire town fell in love with him immediately. His philosophy was "there ain't nothing wrong with reading the playbook by the jukebox light". About as old school as it gets and the Hall of Fame is less for not including him. RIP Snake.

MetalDog

As of about two hours ago, there was still some doubt about the veracity of the report of his passing.  Has it been confirmed?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on July 09, 2015, 07:54:30 PM
As of about two hours ago, there was still some doubt about the veracity of the report of his passing.  Has it been confirmed?

It's being widely reported now - AP, ESPN, all the major media outlets are picking it up.

Steelgrave

Quote from: mirth on July 09, 2015, 07:57:48 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on July 09, 2015, 07:54:30 PM

It's being widely reported now - AP, ESPN, all the major media outlets are picking it up.

Stabler's family is said to have issued a statement confirmining his passing as well.

MetalDog

Well then, let me add my respects.  Rest in peace, Snake.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat