Clad in Iron: Philippines 1898 recently released

Started by em2nought, November 21, 2017, 11:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

It is running a hair less than $10 on the Steam Summer Sale.  This is hard to resist.

SirAndrewD

Yeah, I pulled the trigger on this.  Thanks Steam. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

totemgam

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 26, 2018, 01:23:34 PM
Quote from: totemgam on June 26, 2018, 01:14:55 PM
Back in April, the largest and one of the most respected professional online magazines about the wargames WARGAMER.COM included our games in the list of the best naval war games.

:DD :DD :DD

That may lose you some fans around here.

But why? Is there something wrong with the WARGAMER.COM? I definitely missed something important!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: totemgam on June 29, 2018, 10:57:11 AM
Back in April, the largest and one of the most respected professional online magazines about the wargames WARGAMER.COM included our games in the list of the best naval war games.

But why? Is there something wrong with the WARGAMER.COM? I definitely missed something important!

Its a really long story...it all began in 1944. The world was at war and freedom, justice and equality for all hung in the balance...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bobarossa

It's like recommending King George's tailor to a newly elected George Washington for his inaugural suit.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: bobarossa on June 29, 2018, 11:58:11 AM
It's like recommending King George's tailor to a newly elected George Washington for his inaugural suit.

:2funny:

Yeah, there's the answer.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

SirAndrewD

I'm sure that despite all the sort of inside jokes here, you were told by someone in PM way above my pay grade what the issue there was.

I think I say for the all of us that whatever we might yell about, as a dev of a solid game, you're welcome here. 

Old news and bad blood that's unrelated to you don't apply. 

Again, I'm sure you were told this privately.   But for the rest of us in the public, we deeply appreciate your input and feedback.   I for one am really liking your game.

totemgam

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 29, 2018, 11:22:05 AM

Its a really long story...it all began in 1944. The world was at war and freedom, justice and equality for all hung in the balance...

Thank you all for the clarification.

I'm a historian. I study the history of early civilization, like Sumer or Mycenae. For me, long stories begin before the Bronze Age. Once, on the excavation sites of ancient people, I began to tell something in the presence of my colleagues anthropologists. I started by saying that this is an long story. And then I suddenly realized that in comparison with the times of cavemen it was not so long ago.

totemgam

Some interface changes in the TBS mode.

We updated the interface on the battle map in strategy mode. Now all slots for ships, infantry or buildings of one side have only one color. In addition, it is now easier to understand which harbor the player controls, and which ones are his computer opponent.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/712970/announcements/detail/2631675602231551593

totemgam

Maybe not quite on the topic, but I will write it here.

July 17, the Yonhap news agency reported that the South Korean search expedition found and identified the drowned in 1905, the Russian semi armored frigate or cruiser "Dmitry Donskoy".

https://www.facebook.com/totemgamesfcbk/

Gusington

I saw that the other day. There is a chance that it is sort of a 'treasure ship' that may have been carrying Russian Navy pay 💰

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

I have been fiddling around with this game and have had some display issues. When I play in full screen mode, the in game fonts are unreadable. They are readable if I switch to windowed mode, but then the window hangs off screen and can't be adjusted. Anyone else have this issue?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd