[ended, Barth won!]Civ 6 + all expansions PBEM game recruiting

Started by Yskonyn, October 25, 2018, 01:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Hi guys,

I am away for 3 weeks. Will be back on the 7th of december. Sorry.

Anguille

Barthheart

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Millipede

The heads-up is appreciated and I'd like to apologize for the delay on my last turn. I don't know what the hell happened... I suppose I may have accidentally deleted it but, for whatever reason, I never received the  "Play Your Damn Turn" notification. I just happened to open the app to see where we were and discovered that it was my turn and had been for 3 days.  :idiot2: :crazy2:

Barthheart

Yskonyn

Guys I am locked out of the game.
When I try to start it the Take2 launcher starts and tells me to buy the game. Pressing the button opens the Steam store which, obviously, tells me I already own it.

Any of you guys know about a fix?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Millipede

Wow, that's a new one to me. Sorry, can't help.

While we're on the topic... I don't want to take away Barthheart's pleasure in pummeling me  :'( but, if we can't figure a way around your problem, I'd be willing to give him the win and we could all call it a day.

Yskonyn

I am back up and running with help from Barth, but I am fine with closing off this game. We've ran it forever and if Barth is clearly ahead then lets give him the credit.  :)

Millipede

As I mentioned earlier, I don't want to take away from any satisfaction/joy that Barth has rightfully earned and I'll give it my best shot if we continue but I won't object to calling it a day either. Your call Barth.

al_infierno

I am really interested in seeing an AAR for this game.   :knuppel2:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Millipede

Well, let's see... it went something like this.

I jumped out to an early lead, got smug and thought I was invincible. Meanwhile, Barthheart quietly went to work developing his research capability and when the time was right, struck with slightly more advanced forces and I got to sit and watch.

The moral of this sad tale? Don't ever get behind on research!

Well played Barth. :notworthy:

Yskonyn

Meanwhile my diplomatic influence skyrocketed over my surrounding city states, but my military progress was severely hampered by unrelenting raids from Barbarians who forces me to keep working on internal politics and repair and protection programs.
I never quite managed to bank on the classical era to push forward.

Trading went fairly well, however. And we've filled our coffers nicely. But other than that my nation has remained in obscurity for most of the game.

Yskonyn

ok guys, Anguille also accepted to stop.

BARTH, congrats buddy! Well played! This game is now closed. Thanks all, for the effort you've put in!  O0

Anguille

Congrats on the win. Somehow i was always only dealing with myself in this game.

Yskonyn