Combat Mission: Red Thunder - Fire and Rubble

Started by al_infierno, February 22, 2020, 11:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvis

Quote from: Redwolf on April 15, 2021, 10:58:20 AM
This will be the first CMx2 with the Hetzer?

Miss that little bugger.

No, it won't be the first. Rome to Victory has them, Final Blitzkrieg has 2 variants, and the base Red Thunder game has them. Fire and Rubble adds the Late version to CMRT. Unless I am mistaken, CMBN is the only WW2 game without them available.

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Elvis on April 15, 2021, 12:37:47 PM

Miss that little bugger.

No, it won't be the first. Rome to Victory has them, Final Blitzkrieg has 2 variants, and the base Red Thunder game has them. Fire and Rubble adds the Late version to CMRT. Unless I am mistaken, CMBN is the only WW2 game without them available.

It may seem counter-intuitive but Hetzer was actually part of an infantry division's equipment, as they were used to equip the divisional anti-tank battalions, usually one company per division.

65th Infantry Division in Italy, which I am most familiar with, got a full complement in January 1945 to replace their previous equipment of StuG M42 vehicles.

I seem to recall rollout priority was the Eastern Front, so perhaps not surprising it doesn't show up in CMBN.

MOS:96B2P

Miss that little bugger.

Here is a screenshot of the Hetzer in Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg.  A King Tiger in the background.

Boggit

Quote from: MOS:96B2P on April 14, 2021, 10:54:50 AM
Steve over at Battlefront posted the below today.  Sounds like Fire & Rubble is getting very close.  I wonder which release will come first?  Combat Mission Cold War or the Fire & Rubble module for Combat Mission Red Thunder.

2-4 weeks when we hit Final Candidate.  Final Candidate = no more changes to the code, artwork, etc. unless it is *VERY* important.  Attention is focused on the installer, ReadMe documentation, etc.

We thought that might be last week,  but a few more changes were needed.  We think this week will be Final Candidate.

I'm really excited about this. :dreamer: There are so many epic battles for this period. Vorwaerts zum Untergang!!! :bd:
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

MOS:96B2P

Quote from: MOS:96B2P on April 14, 2021, 10:54:50 AM
Sounds like Fire & Rubble is getting very close.  I wonder which release will come first?  Combat Mission Cold War or the Fire & Rubble module for Combat Mission Red Thunder.

Below is part of a post from the Battlefront forums made by BFCElvis.  The race is on ......... 

If I were a betting man (and I am). I would bet on Fire and Rubble first but Cold War still having an April release. I would give 2:1 odds on that and 3:1 odds on both being out in April, regardless of the order.

Redwolf

Release any minute now...

Does it have the Sturmtiger?

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

al_infierno

Downloads available now!  EDIT:  For preorders only, for now, it looks like.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Redwolf

Quote from: al_infierno on April 23, 2021, 02:39:38 PM

Yeah. I can find the Jagdtiger, but not the Sturmtiger.

Must have BooM.

Redwolf

WARNING

Installing the new *.pkg on a mac deletes all settings and all files, including in Scenarios/

Back up your scenarios and savegames first. Also reported by somebody else on the BFC forum.

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Elvis

Quote from: al_infierno on April 23, 2021, 02:39:38 PM

New purchases are available too. We roll out releases to avoid a log jam that we had a few years ago. Which is why we haven't announced that it's available. But the way a download link appears in someone's account makes the ability to purchase it go live too. We don't announce it until we've given the files a chance to propagate the servers. Next I'll announce it on out forum (probably tonight) and then tomorrow I'll add it to our Home page.