Started by W8taminute, July 15, 2014, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

^ HEY! That's MY junk!!  :)
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Stop looking at my junk!

Ian C

Old vid of GTA 4. End of a long police chase and I thought I'd take care of the helicopter...

jomni

Posted somewhere already but here it is again...  Spintires.

W8taminute

Hi Nefaro,

Those videos of WOFF are incredible.  Is the immersion that good?  No wonder why a lot of people claim it's the best WW1 flight game.  In the first video near the end it looks like your gun ran out of ammunition just after you set the enemy on smoke?  Is that true or did you simply realize you damaged him enough to send him down so you stopped firing?

In the second video I noticed some crackling noises when you got close to your prey and fired at him.  Was that the sound of your bullets hitting his canvas and wood airframe?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

Quote from: W8taminute on July 16, 2014, 09:51:27 AM
Hi Nefaro,

Those videos of WOFF are incredible.  Is the immersion that good?  No wonder why a lot of people claim it's the best WW1 flight game.  In the first video near the end it looks like your gun ran out of ammunition just after you set the enemy on smoke?  Is that true or did you simply realize you damaged him enough to send him down so you stopped firing?

Yes, I ran out of ammo.  At that point, the enemy pilot was critically wounded or dead as he had stopped maneuvering awhile before then.  I was just trying to set him alight with what little ammo I had left.  It's much more difficult to get a quick kill with only one gun - especially the Maxim model with the lower rate of fire.

QuoteIn the second video I noticed some crackling noises when you got close to your prey and fired at him.  Was that the sound of your bullets hitting his canvas and wood airframe?

Yeah, that was his canvas ripping and wood cracking from my bullet hits.  Luckily his pilot was wounded and had stopped maneuvering at that point because I screwed up & overshot.  Had to nose down to stay out of his gunsight.  :)) 

You can also sometimes hear the enemy pilot or gunner screech out in pain if you hit them when up real close. 

The dogfighting immersion is good, but you didn't see the "living" world around you in the WOFF campaigns.  Such as battles raging in No Man's Land down below while you're flying over - can hear the gunfire sometimes.  I've been in numerous dogfights where other allied & enemy flights from different squadrons just happened along and joined in.  Returning to base only to find it being raided by enemy planes, and having to flee because you're out of ammo from an earlier fight.  All kinds of stuff happens.  WOFF may be pricey, but I've not been addicted to a flight sim that much since the old Microprose days back in the 80s.   O0

Also - if you look closely when running the vids at higher resolution, you'll see that those historical aces all have their very own paint jobs.  I had also purchased the extra Skin Pack expansions for WOFF, so I see more variety.   8)

If you follow the link I left in that post, there are four more WOFF vids of me flying a career in an Albatros until being brutalized by a flock of Brits a few missions in.  It's very deadly up there.

W8taminute

Day one of the Destiny Beta.  If you haven't heard of this game before you will when it comes out in september.  There is so much going on with this game and so many different ways of playing it.  The ai is exceptional as well.  He knows how to dodge and weave and use cover during a firefight.  He also has an annoying habit of sensing when you are trying to flank him.  That's when the ai shows off it's skills by trying to refuse his side if you will.  He'll try to outflank you as you are trying to flank him.  It's almost as if you're playing against another human.

This is one of the early missions in the game that is part of the story.  You get to roam around and do your own thing fairly early as well so you don't have to stick to the story if you don't want to.  But to unlock more levels and planets to get to you must play some of the story.

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Rayfer

w8....online multi player or against ai?  Really cool vid. Well done!

W8taminute

Thanks!

I was playing the story mode against the ai but there is a online multiplayer mode to the game as well.  I haven't tried that yet but I will later on tonight. 

The cool thing about the single player story is that other players can appear in your world and co-operatively help you with your missions and quests.  You can see evidence of that in the beginning of my video. 

Rayfer

Any thought of putting this thread up top just beneath the "Share your Screenshots" thread?  Or perhaps there just isn't enough interest to do so?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: W8taminute on July 18, 2014, 02:29:36 PM
Thanks!

I was playing the story mode against the ai but there is a online multiplayer mode to the game as well.  I haven't tried that yet but I will later on tonight. 

The cool thing about the single player story is that other players can appear in your world and co-operatively help you with your missions and quests.  You can see evidence of that in the beginning of my video.

Is this only a console game or expected for pc too?

jomni

FSX vs. X-Plane

W8taminute

Hi Grim,

No I think this is only a console version game.  I don't think Bungie is planning on releasing it to pc.  But then I came across this link that says something else:  http://www.vcpost.com/articles/24797/20140718/destiny-pc-game-halo-steam-bungie-release-date-leaked-companion-game-release-itunes-google-play-rumors-xbox-one-xbox-360-playstation-3-playstation-4.htm

I'm with Rayfer as well.  Is this thread worthy of being stickied?

jomni that is some interesting footage.  In the FSX part of the clip is that you talking to the control tower or is that all ai conversations?  I like the graphics better in X-Plane but the dialogue sounds better in FSX.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: W8taminute on July 19, 2014, 11:35:14 AM
Hi Grim,

No I think this is only a console version game.  I don't think Bungie is planning on releasing it to pc.  But then I came across this link that says something else:  http://www.vcpost.com/articles/24797/20140718/destiny-pc-game-halo-steam-bungie-release-date-leaked-companion-game-release-itunes-google-play-rumors-xbox-one-xbox-360-playstation-3-playstation-4.htm

I'm with Rayfer as well.  Is this thread worthy of being stickied?

Ok, thanks...I have an xbox one as well, so maybe will still give it a whirl at some point.

I would support the sticky as long as we don't get too many...nothing more frustrating then having to scroll down a page just to see new content since so much stuck to the top.

Rayfer

Jomni....the X-plane video seemed to have sharper, clearer images. So you prefer that one over FSX?