The Groginati BOARDGAMING Sales Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, December 18, 2012, 07:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

2nd Fleet's my personal favorite as well. I think I have 2nd, 5th, and  7th.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Carrier was sold before I got ahold of the seller. I'll think about making an offer on 5th Fleet. My question was is it worth getting the board game for $80 when I probably have the old MSDOS version somewhere on a salvaged HDD from ten years ago. I may even still have the box and included goodies around here in a carton of old games.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 08, 2013, 11:42:50 PM
Carrier was sold before I got ahold of the seller. I'll think about making an offer on 5th Fleet. My question was is it worth getting the board game for $80 when I probably have the old MSDOS version somewhere on a salvaged HDD from ten years ago. I may even still have the box and included goodies around here in a carton of old games.

I vaguely recall the interface for the DOS game being a real pain in the ass.  Also not sure if the AI was very capable at all.

Toonces

I wouldn't spend that kind of money on 5th Fleet unless you're really into that AOR.  You can get other theaters on BBG marketplace for much less.

The only one I have is 2nd Fleet.  I didn't pay anywhere near $80 for it as I recall.

You'd be better off putting that $80 towards CWiF if you know what I mean!   ;)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Staggerwing

Thanks guys. I'll keep my eye open for the other 'Fleet' games instead. I didn't even realize there were others until this thread.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Staggerwing

On another note, I just heard a loud 'thump!' on my front porch so I opened the door to find this:

The box has a notable heft to it I must say.

Rekim

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 09, 2013, 03:44:19 PM
On another note, I just heard a loud 'thump!' on my front porch so I opened the door to find this:

The box has a notable heft to it I must say.

Exciting to see. My expected delivery date is this week  ;D

With 2 dogs in the house it is highly unlikely I will hear the thump though

GJK

Sorry that you missed out on Carrier Stagger, I was really hoping that you'd land it.

Since the Fleet series came up, how about 2nd Fleet from Mark Nies for $25? 

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.ee7011b/67592
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Staggerwing

Thanks again Gary. I fired off an email with a shipping cost request.

Bison

I jealous of Stagger's backyard.  That's an awesome backyard.

Staggerwing

I have almost an acre of land, some in front but most in back. I was very lucky to have found this place. My means were rather limited and almost all the places within that means were either fixer-ups (read: tear downs) or short sales with owners'  banks unwilling to sign of on the write-down. The owner of this house had more than 1/2 equity of her selling price and was eager to move on so there was some room for negotiations to bring it down into my reach. It's not ideal but it is solid, dry, heated with propane, and soon to have a 17kw standby generator. And most of all...

It

Is

Mine!

Bú er betra
þótt lítit sé
halr er heima hverr
þótt tvær geitr
eigi ok taugreptan sal
þat er þó betra an bœn

(-Havamal, St 36)

GJK

Does look to be an awesome piece of land.  Could place many a wargame tables out there!  :)
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Arctic Blast

My fellow Canucks, I bring you The Cult of the New! They already had their stock system randomly pick a daily deal every single day...now they've upped the ante. 30 different deals PER HOUR lasting sixty minutes all weekend long. Sometimes the extra savings aren't that substantial, other times they're an extra $10-$15 off the already lower online price.

http://www.thecultofthenew.com/daily-deals/

And please, weep for my bank account. This isn't going to be pretty. $150 gets free shipping? I'd imagine my purchases will have hit that level before dinner today...

Staggerwing

Weird web page layout. There's no 'next page' button even though there are more 'deals' than fit on the page  ("Showing 30 out of 51").  ???