The Groginati BOARDGAMING Sales Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, December 18, 2012, 07:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

I held out this weekend, but I doubt I'll make it til the sale ends.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Compass games have a sale this weekend

Here's the email from Bill

QuoteForty  Percent (40%) Sale on the following Games

Plus Shipping

Sale Price

Spanish Eagles        $39.00
Operation Skorpion  $33.00
Bataan            $38.00
Yalu            $36.00
The War         $90.00 
German Fleet Boats  $24.00
Steel Wolves        $80.00

The Following Games  at the Preorder Price

Sale Price

Proud Monster        $100.00    23% off
Breaking the Chain    $42.00    30% off
Crusades and Revolution  $60.00    29% off
No Peace        $45.00    24% Off   

Please Email Bill at Sales@compassgames.com

for a paypal invoice or call at 860-301-0477
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GJK

Your chance to get an "excellent" condition copy of Carrier.  He's gone down from $85 to $80 with no takers yet so he may negotiate:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.ee7011b/70812
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

BanzaiCat

Ha...I got a copy of Carrier brand new for $18 at Origins about ten years ago...and I still haven't played the damn thing. :(

I'm selling a ton of games on eBay. Right now I have SS Amerika, Tomorrow The World, The Sun of Austerlitz, U.S. Navy Plan Red, Soldier Emperor, and The Battle of Borodino up for grabs (my ebay handle is texrorschach), if anyone is interested. I have about 20 more I still need to list.

GJK

Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bayonetbrant

Paizo selling a bunch of miscellaneous wargaming stuff:  http://paizo.com/store/sale/byProduct/wargaming

Yes, that Paizo
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

GMT's fall sale is going on now.

Sale Duration: October 5 - October 22, 2014

Sale Details: 20% or 50% off on all IN-STOCK GMT (not UGG or Worthington or Hexasim) games:

•All Customers 20% Discount: Everyone automatically qualifies for the 20% discount. Use Coupon Code Fall201420 when you check out from our website.
•P500 Supporters 50% Discount: For every game that you received via P500 this year from the list below, you may buy ONE in-stock game at a 50% discount. And, because we're trying to help everyone get a little extra again this year, especially you guys who support us so well in the P500 program, you can add ONE MORE game at 50% as well. So if you received four games from the list below via P500 ordering this year, you could buy FIVE in-stock games at 50% off. The only limit here is how many games you received by P500 order in 2014. To get this discount, use the Fall201450 discount code when you check out . If you happen to be buying some games at 50% and others at 20%, please put them on separate orders so our online cart system doesn't go crazy on us! Thanks!

http://www.gmtgames.com/news.aspx?showarticle=304

Nefaro

Damn.

Now I had to finally pick up some of the Great Battles series, Hoplite and Ran at 50% off.   Had to put the brakes on before adding more to my cart.  >:D

Bison

I've been grounded from buying any more games (I'll post my expensive gifts to myself once they arrive), but I'm sure I'll risk the ass chewing to buy something with my 50% off coupon.  :D

I think I'll get C&C Ancient expansion 1 and p500 2&3.  Although I really need a good solo play friend operational game...

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on October 06, 2014, 09:39:08 PM
GMT's fall sale is going on now.

Sale Duration: October 5 - October 22, 2014

You guys must've hammered them during the sale.  I think their shipping is backed up right now.

PanzersEast

I am tempted to pickup Gallic War  :D

PE

Nefaro

Holy crap.  Did anyone else place an order during this GMT sale and have it shipped yet?

I placed mine a week ago, it was charged the next day but still showing as not shipped.  Must've been quite a turnout.  :buck2:

Rekim

Hi Compass Games is excited to announce our

new website and to celebrate we our offering

the following sale 15%-40% off in stock

games. Please visit Compassgames.com to set

up your account.

"COMPASS15" will take 15% Off these titles

Low Inventory

•Paper Wars

•Red Storm Over the Reich

•No Peace Without Spain

•The God Kings

•Nations In Arms: Valmy to Waterloo

"COMPASS30" will take 30% Off these titles

•Silent War

•IJN: Expansion

•End of Empire

•Breaking the Chain

•Crusade and the Revolution

"
COMPASS40" will take 40% Off these titles

•Storming the Reich

•Steel Wolves: German Fleet Boats

•Proud Monster

•The War

•Steel Wolves

•Yalu

•Spanish Eagles

•Operation Skorpion

•Price of Freedom

Thanks for the support Bill

Barthheart

Cool... have you ever ordered direct form them and had it shipped to Ottawa? Really interested in the Steel Wolves and ThunderBirds at War......

Rekim

Quote from: Barthheart on November 03, 2014, 08:06:21 AM
Cool... have you ever ordered direct form them and had it shipped to Ottawa? Really interested in the Steel Wolves and ThunderBirds at War......

As a matter of fact I ordered Steel Wolves direct from Compass Games. When they have good sales on like this they beat all of the retailers.

I've enjoyed Steel Wolves so far. It's a bit of a grind to play and very challenging to win. Love the massive scope and look forward to trying the grand campaign one of these days. Figure it will take a year to complete, assuming I don't get my butt kicked like I generally do.