The Groginati BOARDGAMING Sales Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, December 18, 2012, 07:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 09, 2014, 06:59:35 AM
25% off all games from NUTS! Publishing
http://www.nutspublishing.com/product/category&path=37

I'm not familiar with their stuff.  Phantom Fury and To The Last Man look interesting.

bayonetbrant

it's the guys behind a bunch of the games at Battles! Magazine
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

weateallthepies

Quote from: Nefaro on December 09, 2014, 10:08:50 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 09, 2014, 06:59:35 AM
25% off all games from NUTS! Publishing
http://www.nutspublishing.com/product/category&path=37

I'm not familiar with their stuff.  Phantom Fury and To The Last Man look interesting.

To the Last Man started life as a print and play game, supposed to be quite straightforward to play though I've not had a chance.

Phantom Fury is fun. I don't get it to the table nearly enough as it takes a while to play. There is a user created map/scenario on the geek for it that looks interesting.

Really nice components, nice graphics, I recommend giving them a go if anything interests.

Nefaro

Sonuvabitch.  I just bought this thing a week ago and now it's on sale:

Heroes Of Normandie $37.99  on Daily Sale at CoolStuff.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/199799

bbmike

Quote from: Nefaro on January 17, 2015, 02:19:00 AM
Sonuvabitch.  I just bought this thing a week ago and now it's on sale:

Heroes Of Normandie $37.99  on Daily Sale at CoolStuff.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/199799

Huh, that actually fits with your avatar.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Got an email about Victory Point Games having a 10% Off sale this weekend. 

Logged in, put Dawn of the Zeds 2nd Ed. in my cart, and the site promptly went down "for maintenance" when I tried to check out another Darkest Night expansion.   :-\

PanzersEast

Quote from: Nefaro on February 13, 2015, 02:37:30 PM
Got an email about Victory Point Games having a 10% Off sale this weekend. 

Logged in, put Dawn of the Zeds 2nd Ed. in my cart, and the site promptly went down "for maintenance" when I tried to check out another Darkest Night expansion.   :-\

The Barbarossa Campaign is one I want, but it is getting the Gold Standard treatment so I am waiting.  I was interested in maybe picking up Empires in America and Zulus... but I will probably just hold off.  I had considered picking up Shadows of Brimstone, but it looks a little repetitive so I am concerned about the longivity.  I have just traded for a new load of games and Fire in the Lake is looking at me!

PE

bayonetbrant

I cna heartily recommend Empires in America - really dug that game :)

bbmike

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 13, 2015, 04:08:27 PM
I cna heartily recommend Empires in America - really dug that game :)

I have that and Nemo's War that I really need to give a go.  :)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Nemo's War was another I've been eyeing.  But I read an update saying VPG is gonna give it the Deluxe treatment so I may wait.  $50 for Dawn of the Zeds is probably enough expenditure this time around anyway.

GJK

Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.