The Groginati BOARDGAMING Sales Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, December 18, 2012, 07:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

GMT newsletter says their big sale is starting October 20th, with select stuff @ around 50% off.

Unfortunately, it also mentioned setbacks that have become the norm at GMT lately:  Shipping Delays  (and misprints having to be redone but that shouldn't affect their Sale products).  So I wouldn't expect any purchased sale items to show up for awhile afterward.  :-\

bayonetbrant

A bunch of stuff on sale at Cool Stuff Inc, including Star Wars Armada stuff, Gunship, Agents of SMERSH, and others

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_saleItems.php?p=1&s=5&sb=price|asc
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

No way in hell am I clicking that link. I can't afford it :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 26, 2015, 08:08:57 AM
A bunch of stuff on sale at Cool Stuff Inc, including Star Wars Armada stuff, Gunship, Agents of SMERSH, and others

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_saleItems.php?p=1&s=5&sb=price|asc

Cool.

For the cost of Star Wars Armada at full retail I got a couple of expansions for it. Sweet!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Nefaro

Probably a good thing that I already own the ones I would want on that sale.

Although I've considered picking up Through The Ages, the new version is going to be out soon so I may as well wait.

Nefaro

Silent Disapproval Robot

Fantasy Flight Games is having a holiday sale.  I picked up some Wings of War out of print minis for $3 each (just ordered the same ones for $29 off some guy in Newfoundland  :tickedoff:) and some Cthulhu novels for $1 each. 

http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/index.cfm

LongBlade

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 20, 2015, 06:43:50 PM
Fantasy Flight Games is having a holiday sale.  I picked up some Wings of War out of print minis for $3 each (just ordered the same ones for $29 off some guy in Newfoundland  :tickedoff:) and some Cthulhu novels for $1 each. 

http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/index.cfm

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up!

BanzaiCat

The FFG games on sale aren't nearly as impressive as the sale they had last year. I grabbed Blue Max and Arcana last year, but the remaining ones aren't grabbing me. I wish they offered the full base Tide of Iron instead of the expansions, otherwise I won't be spending money over there this year.

Though if you want something I highly recommend going with them...their customer service is second to none. I had issues last year and they were super helpful.

Cyrano

ToI Second Wave is the base set.  Sad, though, as it likely means FFG has passed on ToI and 1A would.seem to be no more...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

LongBlade

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 21, 2015, 01:06:31 PM
The FFG games on sale aren't nearly as impressive as the sale they had last year.

Agreed. However, their WH40K RPG books are $5 each. I bought about $250's worth for the cost of one, though the shipping was $16.

I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, but I managed to pick up Horus Heresy (two player version) on the cheap. Still haven't played it, of course, but I think it was ~$25.

W8taminute

Quote from: LongBlade on November 21, 2015, 02:20:41 PM
...I managed to pick up Horus Heresy (two player version) on the cheap. Still haven't played it, of course, but I think it was ~$25.

:o  That's an AWESOME price for that game as if you try to buy it today from Amazon or eBay it's selling for well over 100.  That's for a used copy.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

LongBlade

Quote from: W8taminute on November 21, 2015, 02:39:41 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on November 21, 2015, 02:20:41 PM
...I managed to pick up Horus Heresy (two player version) on the cheap. Still haven't played it, of course, but I think it was ~$25.

:o  That's an AWESOME price for that game as if you try to buy it today from Amazon or eBay it's selling for well over 100.  That's for a used copy.

Yeah, I knew it was a hella good deal. It's opened but unpunched. Not sure I want to sell it, but for $100 it's tempting.

Toonces

I'm trying hard to not buy the Westeros games.  That's a really good price for them...but do I really need more board games?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs