The Groginati BOARDGAMING Sales Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, December 18, 2012, 07:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: LongBlade on November 21, 2015, 02:20:41 PM

...However, their WH40K RPG books are $5 each. I bought about $250's worth for the cost of one, though the shipping was $16.

I spent $13 on goods but the shipping was another $26.  I could have had it sent to my US PO box just across the border for $14 but I figure it was worth another $12 to save the time, gas, and the crossing hassle and have it shipped straight to Canuckistan.  (Should be here around March, I'm guessing.)

BanzaiCat

I'd go for the Tide of Iron core set (thanks, Cyrano, I totally missed that and admittedly know nothing about ToI except that it looks cool) but I can't swing forty bucks right now plus shipping. The W40K books look good but I'll refrain myself because they'll just sit on my shelf and look pretty, and nothing else unfortunately.

I missed Planet Steam - that's another one I got last year in their sale. And Rock Band Manager. Haven't had a chance to play any of them though.  :-[

bayonetbrant

Bunch of buy-2-get-1 stuff on sale at Target right now.  A surprisingly good collection of Euros

http://tinyurl.com/oxda2jl
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 23, 2015, 10:55:26 AM
Bunch of buy-2-get-1 stuff on sale at Target right now.  A surprisingly good collection of Euros

Not just Euros in there.

I'd be tempted to pick up another Zombicide expansion but I haven't yet implemented the last one I got.

BanzaiCat

Those Target prices siggity-suck, but the buy-2-get-1 isn't a bad deal.

Cyrano

Looks like the Miniature Marketplace is BLOWING UP sales-wise...

Stuff is selling out fast, though...

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Nefaro

Quote from: Cyrano on November 23, 2015, 04:53:58 PM
Looks like the Miniature Marketplace is BLOWING UP sales-wise...

Stuff is selling out fast, though...

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/

They have GMT's Hoplite for $40, amongst some other decent games.   Heroes Of Normandie for $30.  Etc.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

therealmarkwalker

Quote from: Nefaro on November 23, 2015, 04:36:29 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 23, 2015, 10:55:26 AM

Not just Euros in there.

I'd be tempted to pick up another Zombicide expansion but I haven't yet implemented the last one I got.

Yep, and Resistance and King of Tokyo are my family's absolute go to games.

Nefaro

Amazon is having a board game daily sale at up to 40% off a few titles.

I picked up the new Mage Wars Academy, and Yashima: Legend of the Kami Masters.

It also has card games like an MtG and Ascension set, Illuminati, the regular Mage Wars 2nd Ed core set (with the modular arena pieces), popular Euros like Five Tribes, and I thought it also had King Of New York earlier this morning although they may have sold out of stock.

mod note: slight tweak to the URL.   8)

bayonetbrant

thanks for that!  (tho my wallet might not recover for a bit)

BanzaiCat

Arctic Blast

Attention Canadian board gamers! Several major Canadian online stores have sales that will be kicking off when the clock strikes 12:01 AM on Boxing Day.

Starlit Citadel is advertising 8,000 total items marked down, with discounts as deep as 80%. They're in BC, so their sale will start 'later' thanks to time zones. Free shipping threshold is $175.
BoardGameBliss will have 10% off the entire store and double loyalty points (you can build these up in your account for free shipping, discounts, etc), plus they will have a list of deep price cut items. Free shipping at $200.
Great Boardgames will have some sort of a sale, though they aren't really saying anything specific ahead of time. I believe they've done boxing week discounts with small numbers of titles that change over the week. Free shipping at $200.
Quiche Games is having 10% off the entire store, including pre-orders and gift cards. Their site is currently down for a massive inventory update. Their catalog is considerably smaller than the others (they're quite new), but free shipping kicks in at $100.

Some of these stores (Bliss in particular) have become quite popular south of the border as well, and exchange rates make buying from Canadian stores a decent bargain for a lot of American shoppers, so popular items are likely to sell out FAST.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Starlit Citadel is local for me so I can pick stuff up and avoid the shipping fees if anyone with a mailing address in Canada needs.  Don't know if having me ship via Canada Post would be any cheaper though.