The Groginati BOARDGAMING Sales Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, December 18, 2012, 07:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 17, 2016, 07:20:49 PM
NO

...uh, not yet.

It's tempting. All of the Tide of Iron games there are about $400 with shipping normally; this sale with shipping would be $165.

I'm thinking of asking for this to be my Christmas present but I probably should just try the 2nd ed core set and not all of it.

Man, that is hard to pass up at those prices.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

It's moot really for me...I don't have the money, especially not after that order.

mirth

I don't really either, but it's so tempting...
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

Yeah it is. I'm behind on my son's tuition though...hell, he can get a GED right, even though it's his senior year?  >:D

Never owned any of the Tide of Iron games...I remember the first edition at one of the conventions I was at in the mid-2000s; it was one of those giant box games. This second edition looks much more compact and I really like the expansions I'm seeing.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I ended up punting on it due to the shipping and exchange rates.  I know a store here has the 2nd ed base game and one expansion.  They're having a Black Friday sale next week.  If it's still on the shelf when I get there after work, I'll pick it up.

Nefaro

VPG has a 10% off sale on it's own offering via Amazon.

Not a terribly big sale, but figured I'd mention it since some of us have Prime & don't pay extra for shipping.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 17, 2016, 03:16:27 PMHas anyone tried Tide of Iron?  I am thinking of picking up a copy but I've never tried it.  Any good?

Man, if only someone had published a review of the game on the front page of our site!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 17, 2016, 08:25:26 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 17, 2016, 03:16:27 PMHas anyone tried Tide of Iron?  I am thinking of picking up a copy but I've never tried it.  Any good?

Man, if only someone had published a review of the game on the front page of our site!

That would have been nice.

Nefaro

Quote from: mirth on November 17, 2016, 08:32:54 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 17, 2016, 08:25:26 PM

That would have been nice.

.... if such a place existed.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Bison

Oh for crying out loud.  Just go buy a bag of army men and some rubber bands.  It'll cost you $3...you are in Canada...so $6.  :D

BanzaiCat

Price of Army men: $3

Price of shipping Army men to Canadiastan: $64,565,342,745.08

Level of Barth's anger: priceless

Barthheart

Well I do have a US address for shipping stuff within the US... but someone would actually have to ship me something to know that.....  :-"