The Groginati BOARDGAMING Sales Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, December 18, 2012, 07:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

My son wanted a new set of headphones, so he gave me the cash and I put down an order on Amazon (sober, too). I went ahead and joined Prime to get it free in two days, but I'll cancel the Prime membership before it goes into effect. I did it last year, I'm surprised they're letting me do this again.

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 19, 2016, 08:12:51 PM
My son wanted a new set of headphones, so he gave me the cash and I put down an order on Amazon (sober, too). I went ahead and joined Prime to get it free in two days, but I'll cancel the Prime membership before it goes into effect. I did it last year, I'm surprised they're letting me do this again.

They usually let you do the free trial once a year. I used to do what you did. I have Prime now mainly because I needed an alternative to Netflix.

Prime is great when you consider all the services it includes for $99/yr. The two-day shipping is dangerous though. I've ordered more through Amazon this year than at any time in the past. Knowing that a purchase will be on your doorstep in just two days makes it awfully easy to pull the trigger.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

The shipping savings helps tremendously, and I wish I'd known they let you do it once a year. Every time I get those Amazon cards from my fitness site, it would be nice to use them just towards good stuff and not having to pay shipping.

mirth

I don't know for sure that's it once a year, but it always seemed to work out that way for me.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Like you said, it's probably best to not have it just to avoid buying shit I don't need. Or at least, curtail the buying of shit I do not need immediately.

Nefaro

You can pay for Prime on a monthly basis now. 

No need for a full year subscription unless you plan on having it for 12 months and wanna save a few dollars.

W8taminute

Fantasy Flight Games has some good prices on some of their wares.  Check it out:  https://holiday-sale.fantasyflightgames.com/
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LimeyYankGames

We are having our own little sale over at Limey Yank Games too: www.limeyyankgames.co.uk/shop.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

panzerde

Quote from: LimeyYankGames on November 28, 2016, 07:27:36 AM
We are having our own little sale over at Limey Yank Games too: www.limeyyankgames.co.uk/shop.

Welcome, your LimeyYankness! Glad to see you here. Several of us are Kriegsspielers and thank you very much for your efforts on that front.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

bob48

You're up and about early, Doug. Clipping counters?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

panzerde

Quote from: bob48 on November 28, 2016, 08:15:08 AM

Some damn fool decided it was a work day!

Staggerwing

Quote from: panzerde on November 28, 2016, 08:19:37 AM

If you own your own business the suspect list would be very short.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

panzerde

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 28, 2016, 07:09:10 PM
Quote from: panzerde on November 28, 2016, 08:19:37 AM

If you own your own business the suspect list would be very short.

Shh. Don't ruin my illusion.