Black Tree would like your help

Started by btdjohnno, November 30, 2014, 07:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdjohnno

I would like to introduce myself. I am John Olsen, President of Black Tree Design. This is my first time posting on Grogheads.

I have been actively involved in the Miniatures Business for over 30 years (ouch!) and have recently taken over the reins at BTD. We have an enormous range of Miniatures and are looking to the future. We are planning a great deal of expansion in 2015 and I would like your help. We have a hefty WWII Range, what should we add? Anything particular you would really like to see? Your thoughts and suggestions would be really appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you.

John Olsen
btdjohnno@blacktreedesign.com
www.blacktreedesign.com

Staggerwing

Welcome John!

Quote from: btdjohnno on November 30, 2014, 07:08:05 PM
We have a hefty WWII Range, what should we add? Anything particular you would really like to see?

Panzerkleins! Definitely Panzerkleins!

J/K :)

Actually, I checked out the site and had some trouble navigating. For example, under 'Historical-WW2-German forces... ' there is a clickable image that says 'Vehicles and Guns-36 items' but there are only 9 items visible with no 'page 2, 3 etc' showing. There's a Pz3 as page art at the top but it was not listed as a buyable item.

Are you in the process of setting up a new web site? If so I look forward to checking out the vehicle minis when it's all set.  O0
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

First, thanks for checking in John. I've been buying Black Tree minis for over a decade. You folks have some great figs. I really appreciate your dedication to WWII.

Keep going with the Dr Who stuff! I was only recently made aware of Black Tree's Dr Who line. It's awesome and I hope you can expand it to include the modern crop of Doctors.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GJK

Fantasy football teams!  You're close already; you have a number of the correct races but remove the weapons and have them in sets of 12.  For example, a Dwarf football team would consist of 6 blockers, 2 runners, 2 blitzers and 2 "special" players.  I'd love to buy some FF teams from you guys.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

btdjohnno

Hi Staggerwing,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

My apologies for the confusion regarding the vehicles. We recently removed all vehicles from the website. We plan on Re-doing many of them next year. We are working on a new Website and have not updated some of the items pictured on the current site. Sorry about that.

Hi Mirth,

Thanks for your continued support :) Really glad you like our minis.

We are thinking about expanding the Dr. Who line. Do you think there would be enough interest?

Hi GJK,

We have a small foray into this market many, many moons ago with the Slaughterbowl miniatures. Only a few were done and it never really went anywhere. With the huge and increasing interest in Fantasy Football, maybe we should look into this again...

Thanks again for all the thoughts and suggestions.

Cheers
John

bbmike

You do Dr. Who stuff!?  :o
[rushes off to check...]
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

GDS_Starfury

Doctor Who is about as popular globally as its ever going to get.  strike while the irons hot.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.