Clad in Iron: Philippines 1898 recently released

Started by em2nought, November 21, 2017, 11:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moreb

Hey totemgam. A few initial questions.

1) Is there any way to change the font color throughout the game? The grey on black is hard to see.

2) Any way to increase texture size on the strategic map? The pieces get pretty blurry when zoomed even halfway out. Tabletop simulator is far more clear.

3) A setting to increase scroll speed? I can see wearing out a mouse going in and out.

Some suggestions

A mini map that when clicked on zooms to that harbor

A double click on the harbor card zooms to a close setting

An oob showing what and where your ships are

I'm going to mess around with it some more and haven't left the strategic screen yet. It sadly is a little sparse on polish imo.The ship sprites look good. I wish I didnt have to scroll so much to get a closer look though.

All that said, while quickly scanning parts of the manual I can safely say to our friends here on the forums that there is much more to the game than one might think. Some of the presentation is a little rough initially but there seems to be a good amount of depth to the title. I'm going to delve further. There may just be a gem here.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Moreb

Moreb

A couple manual pages. I hope this is ok to post. If not I will delete.

There's certainly more than meets the eye.

totemgam

1. We will make the gray color lighter. This should help.
2. Statistics Steam shows that a significant part of our players are playing at a screen resolution of 1280x1024 on pretty weak laptops and even tablet computers. Therefore, we tried to use large textures only in the most important models. For example, in the models of ships.
3. I did not understand this moment. I'll post a link to the training video on the interface of the game. You can compare with how everything should work. Please tell us where you have problems with the mouse cursor.

A mini-map is a good idea. I hope that someday we will be able to realize all the important and useful offers of our players. To be honest, there are obviously more of them than our capabilities.
In the mode of manual control of the battle, you can view all the details of each ship.
I understand that the manual is not the most convenient way to understand the rules of the game. So we made a little video.

And this video is in the sim mode of battles.

Sir Slash

Those are some good videos. Was that Beverly D'Angelo narrating?  :2funny:   The system looks like it offers a lot of choices and options to consider. You've certainly come a long way from the original games.  O0   What can we expect in the future?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

RyanE

Reminds me a lot of Storm Eagle Studios Tsushima/Jutland.  Crappy dev and a great game.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

totemgam

Actually, this voice belongs to Skynet. Yes, Skynet is a girl  :-". Further torpedoes and improvements to the strategic part: more resources, more buildings.

Moreb

Quote3. I did not understand this moment. I'll post a link to the training video on the interface of the game. You can compare with how everything should work. Please tell us where you have problems with the mouse cursor.

Im saying that it takes too long to scroll/zoom from low to high and a setting to increase zoom speed would be helpful.

Thanks for your replies.

totemgam

Moreb

Quote from: totemgam on December 06, 2017, 05:20:37 AM
I doubt that we can do this ...

It looks as if the setting can be changed in Windows by upping the How Many Lines To Scroll Each Time. I had it set at 5 and turned it all the way up to 100 lines just to make it zoom quick enough. I'll just change back when I'm not in game because that is a ridiculously high setting.

totemgam

This is a very clever decision. We have not faced such a problem before. If there are any other problems, I recommend the following:

1. Find and start a file "Info.exe" in a game folder (example ..\Steam\steamapps\common\Clad in Iron: Philippines 1898\Info.exe).
2. Follow program instructions.
3. Send both files (Totem3Log.log and DxDiag.txt) to the support@totemgames.ru or totemgames.ru@gmail.com

totemgam

We made the font color brighter. I hope now it will be better.

Jarhead0331

This weekend I took advantage of the 73% off bundle sale. Apparently, if you have at least two titles in your library from the Clad in Iron series, you can buy a bundle with pretty much every title and DLC (except for the most recent Philippines 1898 title) in the series. For only $24 and change, that's a tremendous value.

I'll play around with this for awhile and get Philippines 1898 eventually, as its actually the title that interests me most.

Two questions...

1. Are the older titles kept up-to-date with patching in features that may have been added to the newer games in the series; and
2. What are your plans for the future? What is the next era/war we can expect to see?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

totemgam

I need to explain one thing. All our games, except for the Clad in Iron series, were published by Strategy First. At present, we no longer cooperate with them and publish our new games ourselves. Unfortunately, this means that we will not be able to improve the gameplay of old games. But we, as before, provide technical support for the games of the Ironclads series.
For games of the Clad in Iron series, we improve the gameplay and plan to do it further. As I wrote before, now we are working on adding to the game Clad in Iron: Philippines 1898 torpedo weapons and torpedo boats. Once this work is completed, we will update the game (for free). Add destroyers and torpedoes into the game Clad in Iron: Gulf of Mexico 1864 we will not. In 1864 there were no self-propelled mines (torpedo).
We plan that our next project will be a scenario about the Russo-Japanese War 1904-1905. The scale of this scenario depends on the support that Clad in Iron customers will provide. The price of quality 3d models is very high and only the budget will limit our ambitions.
Then there are two points in the "road map". Each of these points is offered by our players. We can improve the strategic part of the game. We plan to add structures that will affect the price and speed of building and repairing units. We also want to add new resources to the game, or rather divide abstract supplies for coal, products, ammunition, money, and so on.
Another group of players wants us to add a mode of custom (skirmish) battles to the game. In this mode we want to collect all our ships. This means that the player will be able to choose any ships, from the very first wooden steamships with "pirate" cannons to high-speed steel destroyers with quick-firing cannons, and compare them in battle with each other.