Main Menu

Color Printer

Started by airboy, August 27, 2020, 10:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

My wife wants a color lazar printer for her artsy stuff.  I need a reasonably fast B/W printer.  Speed is not essential for the color printing.

Does anyone have a recommendation or a suggestion on how to comparison shop for such a thing?  My last printer purchase was more than a decade ago.

Yskonyn

I have been very happy with the Epson EcoTank series of printers.
Its not a laser printer though, but as you fill the tanks with liquid ink there is a clear view on how much ink is left and it won't dry out in the cartridge as with many other solutions.
Epson claims that ink costs are reduced by a great amount and from my findings I do pay much less to replenish this printer than I did with my previous HP Bubblejet or Deskjet printers.
The Epson Expression EcoTank series seems specifically suited for Art stuff.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jamus34

Yeah not sure what your wife is looking to do but my personal opinion is if she's printing out anything hi-Rez or photo quality you're going to be better off with inkjet vs laser.

In all honesty you can get a halfway decent laser B&W printer and a small, slow but functional inkjet and pay less than a color capable laser and get better results.

Also the overall footprint might be less too.
Insert witty comment here.

Con

Inkjet is better for photos but I bought a brother laser printer last year and it's been a godsend for all the printed documents I have needed for remote learning for the kids.

Here is the link to the one I purchased
https://www.staples.com/brother-mfc-l3750cdw-wireless-all-in-one-color-printer/product_BRTMFCL3750CDW

airboy

My wife tells me that inkjet printers will not work for the artsy-fartsy stuff that she does.  She has a pretty good inkjet and it does not work for her needs and her art buddies all say lazar is the way to go.

I have had good luck with B/W high speed HP printers.  She has been happy with Cannon.

airboy

Quote from: Con on August 27, 2020, 11:32:11 AM
Inkjet is better for photos but I bought a brother laser printer last year and it's been a godsend for all the printed documents I have needed for remote learning for the kids.

Here is the link to the one I purchased
https://www.staples.com/brother-mfc-l3750cdw-wireless-all-in-one-color-printer/product_BRTMFCL3750CDW

That looks like an awesome printer.  Expensive at $550 but it looks great.

Con

When schools switched to remote learning I literally had to print reams of lesson plans and text books for the kids. Was never as glad that we could print them in color and fast than then. For 8 year olds badly copied paper in black and white only with fading was tough for them to use.