Combat Mission Normandy - Operation Market Garden

Started by JudgeDredd, November 17, 2014, 04:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panzerde

Quote from: Elvis on November 21, 2014, 09:34:10 AM

My thing that I feel like I've seen 1,000 times, but can never duplicate when I want to report it as a bug, is a bit of the opposite. I wonder if anyone else sees it too. I often see friendly units firing at unseen enemy units. My guys will be moving along and all of a sudden they start firing and I'll wonder "who the hell are they shooting at?" Eventually the enemy units will appear but I've always thought that they should be spotted (by the player) as soon as they open fire. I don't know if anyone else sees this or has commented about it. I've tried to duplicate it a dozen times without success. Could just be end user error but I am curious if anyone else ever sees this.

Yes, I see this fairly frequently, too. Like Ryan the enemy usually pops up fairly soon after, but not always. I run the turn a couple of times looking for the buggers and wondering wtf my guys are blazing away at!

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Sir Slash

Sometimes you can also hear the squad leaders yelling, "Incoming" before you can hear the arty shells approaching. Soldiers Intuition I guess. Now if my tank drivers could just learn what mud looks like...
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JudgeDredd

One thing I DO love about Market Garden is not having to place units. I absolutely detest setting up and wished the game removed it and just started in a reasonable starting position. I spend way too long placing units at the start of a mission and feel compelled to.
Alba gu' brath