Twilight Struggle - Barthheart vs JasonPratt - no Jason

Started by Barthheart, April 19, 2016, 06:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Turn 2 AR4:

Ruskie plays 2 Ops for 1 influence in Austria, giving him control,  and 1 in Jordon. I think I might be falling behind the influence curve....

But I just can't help screwing with his head and these events! So Duck and Cover it is for 3 points.

Still have China card for 4 Ops so I can play catchup a bit or maybe get ahead in Asia....

Barthheart

Turn 2 AR5: Commies play Suez Crisis to remove our single influence in Israel and 2 from United Kingdom. Not great for me in Europe...

But, in turn three the deck gets reshuffled so the scoring cards can come back into play. Asia scores more than Europe but I can lose the game if he gets Control of Europe....

So I'm going to hedge again and play this card for one influence in Malaysia. This will allow me to use the China card next turn to either capture Thailand and maybe Taiwan, or use it in Europe to regain some lost ground... it will heavily depend on what his last card this round is.

This means I'll be holding the CIA Created and Romanian Abduction cards at the end of the round. The CIA card lets me see his hand, so I'll probably use that as my Headliner next turn. The Romanian cards gives him control of Romania (Duh!) and I don't need that pressure right now, I'll hold that as long as possible.

Barthheart

Turn 2 AR6: Damn Commies have a 3 Ops card that he plays for influence in Europe.

Now I have to play the China card for Ops in Europe as He's almost got control and that can cost me the game.

So 1 influence to Italy to get control back, 1 to France to break his control and 1 to UK to get me back in control range.

Barthheart

Turn 3 starts! Last turn of the Early War period and a re-shuffle of the discard deck.

Well... I got he Europe scoring card at least. If he has the Asia scoring card I'm gonna lose a bunch of points if he plays it first.  :tickedoff:

I'm still playing the CIA Created card to get a look at his hand and see if I can at least mitigate the damage from Asia.

Some of my other cards a fairly good.. only real fly in the ointment is Vietnam Revolts... but I should be able to dump that in Space if required....