Main Menu

Holiday FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, July 22, 2022, 06:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Important Safety Tip: If you're going to use Wasp Spray for ANY project, make sure it's pointed AWAY from you when you push the button.  :buck2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tanaka

Getting back into Ageod's ACW2. The best strategic civil war game ever made. Before I purchase SCACW with my upcoming anniversary discount. Will see how it compares soon. Great to have three strategic ACW games out there now. Grand Tactician has a lot of great ideas but I much prefer turn based over real time.

devoncop

Quote from: Tanaka on July 23, 2022, 01:10:31 PM
Getting back into Ageod's ACW2. This best strategic civil war game ever made. Before I purchase SCACW with my upcoming anniversary discount. Will see how it compares soon. Great to have three strategic ACW games out there now. Grand Tactician has a lot of great ideas but I much prefer turn based over real time.

I really wish I could get my head around the Ageod games. So many positive comments about them (especially Birth of America 2 and ACW2) but the forming of Corps/ Armies and getting Commanders sorted out for them always stumps me !
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Tanaka

Quote from: devoncop on July 23, 2022, 01:19:14 PM
Quote from: Tanaka on July 23, 2022, 01:10:31 PM
Getting back into Ageod's ACW2. The best strategic civil war game ever made. Before I purchase SCACW with my upcoming anniversary discount. Will see how it compares soon. Great to have three strategic ACW games out there now. Grand Tactician has a lot of great ideas but I much prefer turn based over real time.

I really wish I could get my head around the Ageod games. So many positive comments about them (especially Birth of America 2 and ACW2) but the forming of Corps/ Armies and getting Commanders sorted out for them always stumps me !

Yes a lot of people say that about ACW2. But there is none of that in BOA2. That's why everyone recommends BOA2 to Ageod game beginners.

It's easy to form armies and divisions in ACW2 by combining units and generals and pressing the buttons to do so but yes Corps are a little more complicated.

solops

Shadow Empire with the new patch released yesterday. This game is so awesome.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

solops

Quote from: Sir Slash link=toepic=26470.msg711774#msg711774 date=1658544418
Important Safety Tip: If you're going to use Wasp Spray for ANY project, make sure it's pointed AWAY from you when you push the button.  :buck2:
Snicker...yeah! As I use a cane to hobble about I tend to go max nuclear on wasp nests with something I can spray from 15+ feet away. But, the ultimate option takes a bit of nerve and close combat tactics. An empty vegetable can filled with gasoline splashed on the nest from one to three feet away is the Bomb. Nothing like seeing an entire nest of 20 to 40 yellow jackets or wasps instantly drop straight down, dead. But if you are off just a little bit...
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: solops on July 23, 2022, 06:33:02 PM
Snicker...yeah! As I use a cane to hobble about I tend to go max nuclear on wasp nests with something I can spray from 15+ feet away. The ultimate option takes a bit of nerve and close combat tactics. An empty vegetable can filled with gasoline splashed on the nest from one to three feet away is the Bomb. Nothing like seeing an entire nest of 20 to 40 yellow jackets or wasps instantly drop straight down, dead. But if you are off just a little bit...

Sounds dangerous.  I love it.

Anguille

Lindsey is cool  :notworthy:

Back from Italy. In mood for some various games. Civilization VI and trying to run Shogun 2 but so far ctd.

Enjoy your weekend

Gusington

^Shogun 2 is worth the effort to get it running. Any idea what the issue is?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on July 24, 2022, 04:08:10 PM
Had the same issue with Rome 2. Checking the files didn't help but making a full reinstall did...just annoying with such big games. Anyway...happily playing it now.  :)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Crossroads

Holiday Road. Wow, haven't heard that one since it came out, likely  :bd:

Had to check, it really does plays for a hu-u-u-u-ge total of two minutes and twelve seconds. Say what you have to say, young man, and be done with it then   :cowboy:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

CJReich46

Quote from: Anguille on July 25, 2022, 05:26:07 AM
Quote from: Gusington on July 24, 2022, 04:08:10 PM
Had the same issue with Rome 2. Checking the files didn't help but making a full reinstall did...just annoying with such big games. Anyway...happily playing it now.  :)

Good to hear. I found out they added a TON of DLC into my game because of the Deluxe edition.  I have all the DLC including the battles from the Dragon War. (Boshin War) 
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

^I still have yet to play that one.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd