Main Menu

Holiday FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, July 22, 2022, 06:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

DCS, dicking around with the new Mirage, Arma 3 SOG Prairie Fire and maybe CMO or something else with strategery.

Everyone enjoy.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Geezer

Downloaded Mechwarrior Online and will probably get back into it over the weekend after about a year off.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

W8taminute

Great video choice.  I find myself wanting to punch the Wally World drive through speaker at the gate entrance.

It's going to be a very hot weekend here so I probably won't be playing 'Mow the lawn 2: The weeds strike back'.
Instead I'm going to play Heroes & Generals and maybe some Mass Effect 2. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Geezer

I just played Mow the Lawn 2 and got stung multiple times by hornets from a nest in the ground.  >:( Going to the hardware store for spray and then I'll play "Kill them ALL!.   :knuppel2:
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Geezer on July 22, 2022, 09:02:51 AM
I just played Mow the Lawn 2 and got stung multiple times by hornets from a nest in the ground.  >:( Going to the hardware store for spray and then I'll play "Kill them ALL!.   :knuppel2:

Had a yellowjacket nest in the yard and much like you, I found it the hard way.  After parking a running lawn mower over it for a few minutes, I took it away and filled the hole with some fuel, twisted some newspaper into a wick, lit it, and stuffed the burning wick into the hole.

Homeboy here just screwed up as I basically capped the now fuel and fuel vapor filled nest hole with something burning = blammo!  Now, I've got angry, burning yellowjackets on me as well as a burning newspaper wad as the exploding vapor pushed everything out in a very excited fashion. 

Lesson learned.  Now, I just nuke holes with chemicals from a distance.

Geezer

Ouch!  Thanks for the warning.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Geezer on July 22, 2022, 10:24:04 AM

Wish I could have seen the look on my face, to be honest.  That was some movie-grade comedy there.

W8taminute

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on July 22, 2022, 09:16:44 AM

Lesson learned.  Now, I just nuke holes with chemicals from a distance.

Yes.  In other words, nuke from orbit!  :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MengJiao

Quote from: Geezer on July 22, 2022, 10:24:04 AM

Yep, the chemicals seem to work fine on bugs.  Meanwhile, I'm off to the beach for a while.  I might have to play some dungeons and dragons with the kids, but that's about it.

Sir Slash

I've had a real rough summer with wasps too. They seem determined to build a nest somewhere around my pool area. Most times I wait until after dark and just knock down their nests but several times I've had to resort to Wasp Spray, the Final Solution.  ^-^  It could get worse. A Wasp-nado would see me flee to the hills. War In The East 1 if it's quiet, maybe some Rome 2 if not. Have a great weekend Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Pete Dero

Returning to No Man's Sky to see what all the free updates did.

Old world as an alternative.

Dammit Carl!

Wanna see wild?  Drunk Marine vs. large wasp nest where said Drunk Marine channels his inner Curtis LeMay and decides to burn the bugs out....while the bugs were still in their nest which was still attached to an occupied house at the time.  Good times!

Anyhoo, game-wise, I'm on a World of ___ kick as of late so will be in my botes and tonks getting plastered as usual.

Stay safe, folks, and don't do what I do! (grabs shotgun to take care of fire ants near shed)

Tripoli

Doing the final round of getting my butt kicked in FoG and FoG Medieval.  Playtesting a CM-Black Sea scenario for a friend.  More BoC work.  Trying to find authoritative sound level information on various Soviet/US subs to correct the CMO database.  Maybe a CM-Fortress Italy game for fun.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

bruce205

Campaign Series Vietnam baby !!  Awesome game and learning so much about the conflict.  Old school graphics but if you can look beyond that it soo good !  Also developers are very responsive to any issues.
Hey Jason and Berto wheres my check ?  ;D

Gusington

Jesus people be careful out there. On the same note, do yourself a favor and do not burn poison ivy, oak or sumac.

I want to get back into playing some Assassin's Creed Odyssey but either the DRM or my graphics settings make my liquid cooled machine scream like a banshee...anyone have any experience with this issue?

As an alternate I may start a Pontus campaign in DEI for Rome 2 TW.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd