New Basketball Season Replay Game Released Today

Started by Grim.Reaper, April 27, 2015, 05:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Before we go too far, this is not a career based basketball game but a season replay basketball game...I know many people prefer career sports games:)  But if you are looking for a basketball season replay game, you might want to give PC Replay Basketball game a try.  This is a game developed by the same developer who has created Second and Ten Football, PC Replay Baseball, and ASG Golf...they are all based off a previous board game.  So if you enjoy basketball, especially with a board game look/feel, I recommend you give it a try.  There is a free demo at the web site below.

http://www.replaybb.com/PCBKPages/PCBKProducts.htm

Personally, I never played the board game version so I am still trying to figure out the mechanics, so way too early to know if I will like it or not...but I have played all his other games and regardless of whether they are my favorite or not, they all still have a place on my hard drive.  The base game is $49, but there are a bunch of special packages on sale that you might prefer.

Some screen shots below....although for better view go directly to the following page.

http://www.replaybb.com/PCBKPages/PCBKGame.htm#Screen_Shots

PanzersEast

Interesting... I have played Action PC Basketball and Inside the Paint for historical and have not tried any of the Replay stuff...   They need to step up the replay years available and add some NCAA stuff as well as others have a pretty big lead on them, but it is great to see more options out there.

I will download the trial and give it a go as I am really deep into sports sims atm.

PE

Grim.Reaper

Not sure what their plans are for college, hopefully can be added someday but seems focus on pro game.  To be fair, game just released today so might take them a bit to catch up with other established games:)

Actionpc games is my favorite series of replay games so I doubt it will replace them for me, but nice alternative...can never be too many sports games:)

PanzersEast

Have to say that I am very impressed by this game and I downloaded their Baseball game and I was even more impressed..... It could be a go to game for replays and the Basketball is shaping up the same way.  Very impressed  O0

PE

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: PanzersEast on April 29, 2015, 08:34:10 AM
Have to say that I am very impressed by this game and I downloaded their Baseball game and I was even more impressed..... It could be a go to game for replays and the Basketball is shaping up the same way.  Very impressed  O0

PE

Yep, seems like a solid game if your looking for a replay board game look/feel....I haven't decided yet if I will purchase, but most likely well.  I also have all his other games and they are all solid games with similar feel.

PanzersEast

I purchased their PC Baseball game and it is a blast to play.  I have started a replay of a mixture of teams from the DeadBall era from 1900-1919.  Right now I am the 09 Detroit Tigers and you can see my stats in the pic link below in my sig.  Have yet to dive into the basketball, but right now Sports Sim Management/Replay games are the only thing holding my attention.

PE

Grim.Reaper

Ended up buying the basketball game myself, I knew I would cave eventually....