Main Menu

Frozen Cortex

Started by steve58, February 19, 2015, 02:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Youtube uploading is broken on "some machines" apparently; the devs are aware and working to fix it.

Yeah my first completed game I absolutely smashed the AI, it was something like 27-2.  However he beat me on the next by a gnat's foreskin.  It was 7-7 and he was throwing to a receiver in the endzone.  I tried to intercept.  The simulation said I'd make it but I didn't, and the game entered sudden death while the throw was in the air, meaning it was all over as soon as it was caught, goddammit.  There's a post on the Steam forum asking the devs to look at the simulation code, because it's definitely broken in some cases.

Oh and I quite like the music myself, actually!  Very similar to the Frozen Synapse soundtrack, which I have a copy of I believe.

undercovergeek

the last update bolted on a management side to the game and it looks great - ill be investigating this weekend

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/05/frozen-cortex-management-update/#more-286199

-budd-

they fix the youtube uploading yet?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Huw the Poo

I ended up being pretty disappointed with this one.  There are two things I'm waiting for them to fix (if ever):

Option to skip cinematics.  Why this hasn't been included is absolutely beyond me.  As soon as a cinematic begins I click to skip it.  It interrupts the flow and makes a mockery of your camera placement and tactical train of thought.  I hate it.

Unreliable prediction.  In Frozen Synapse the turn planner was 100% accurate when predicting the turn outcome.  In Frozen Cortex it simply isn't.  Therefore I often find myself missing intercepts, for example, even when I anticipate my opponent's moves precisely.  Deal-breaker.

-budd-

i read the option to skip 3d outcomes is in now. I wouldn't mind them if the angle wasn't so bad and you could move the camera around freely, i like to watch a good hit.

reapagan

-budd-

I'll take your extra key.

-budd-

gave that away a while ago, sorry.

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs