IL-2 CLOD Blitz Desert Wings DLC

Started by MengJiao, August 04, 2020, 06:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 30, 2020, 10:10:11 PM
Nice pics Meng.  O0

Thanks!  One weird thing I noticed about how the AI in a Tomahawk II attacks the AI in a JU88 is the one engine at a time approach versus the kill the rear gunner approach.  If the AI is climbing to the attack from behind, sometimes one burst totals the Ju88 spectacularly (big chunks flying off and everybody but the dead bailing out right away) without harming the engines.  You see some unexpected things when you are just trying to get pictures.

RyanE

I went back and watched a bunch of gun camera footage from WW2.  Comparing it to CoD's large chunks falling off with every burst, there wasn't a huge amount of debris coming off with each burst.  Especially with smaller fighters.  It might just be the clips I happened to watch though.

MengJiao

Quote from: RyanE on August 31, 2020, 06:18:39 AM
I went back and watched a bunch of gun camera footage from WW2.  Comparing it to CoD's large chunks falling off with every burst, there wasn't a huge amount of debris coming off with each burst.  Especially with smaller fighters.  It might just be the clips I happened to watch though.

CLOD is a bit excessive, though, in reality, even 8 30 cal could cause instant complete explosions...particularly in Me 110s apparently (big gas tanks mostly empty? the "De Wilde" bullet?).  I know pilots reports a lot of collisions with debris and I've definitely been hitting chunks of stuff and/or getting oil on the canopy.  Also, I think smoke may mask some smaller chunks even in CLOD.

RyanE

I might not have been clear.  IRL gun cams, not a huge amount of debris comes off a plane with each burst.  In CoD, large pieces come of with even the smallest burst.

MengJiao

Quote from: RyanE on August 31, 2020, 09:35:35 AM
I might not have been clear.  IRL gun cams, not a huge amount of debris comes off a plane with each burst.  In CoD, large pieces come of with even the smallest burst.

I'll have to watch CLOD more carefully.