Matrix Halloween Sale

Started by Geezer, October 31, 2018, 10:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geezer

QuoteHalloween is upon us, and we're pretty sure that many of you are just as excited as we are about this event. Soon the dead will walk the earth and the devil will be free to act as he please for one night, but we know that our offer will make you jump off of your chair too!

To celebrate Halloween ALL of our games and expansions will be 25% off, from 31st of October to the 4th of November!!
All you have to do is to put "HAPPYHALLOWEEN18" on the coupon section. We hope you'll enjoy our special offer, and that you'll take advantage of it as long as you can.

Have fun!
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

HoodedHorseJoe

As far as their titles on Steam go, they have done better discounts during the big seasonal sales.

The Autumn sale is rumoured to be at the end of November, so I'd hold off buying anything Matrix/Slitherine sell on Steam until then. It's a little bit different for the non-steam games, of course.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

W8taminute

Hmmmm.....so without going to the matrix website or to steam for confirmation I get the impression from this thread that the matrix sale is limited to steam only and then it's not really a good savings. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Geezer

The quote above from Matrix says ALL their games and expansions are 25% off at their site.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

HoodedHorseJoe

Apologies for the confusion, to clarify:

Matrix Games are running a 25% discount promotion for Halloween on Steam AS WELL as their own store. Obviously there are some games they haven't put on Steam, but there are plenty current favourites that are on both.

As far as the games that are on both steam and the matrix store, Slitherine have in the passed engaged in Steam's bigger seasonal sales, the next of which will be the Autumn one at the end of the month (we think). From what I've found, most games currently receiving a 25% discount that are also on Steam has had a better discount in the seasonal sales. I think one or two are no cheaper than they've ever been.

I haven't done any research on the Matrix store itself - it might be worth picking up games directly that don't have a steam version, as 25% off is still a reasonable discount. However I'm reasonably confident that anything you want to pick up that's also on Steam will have a better discount (if not, the same) come the Autumn sale.

Hope that clears things up.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Geezer on October 31, 2018, 12:12:03 PM
The quote above from Matrix says ALL their games and expansions are 25% off at their site.

The following games are excluded from the sale:

- Warhammer 40,000 Gladius (Main Game)
- Warhammer 40,000 Gladius – Reinforcement Pack
- Warhammer 40,000 Gladius - Lord of Skulls
- Warhammer 40,000 Gladius – Soundtrack
- Warhammer 40,000 Gladius - Wallpapers
- Aggressors
- BSG Anabasis
- Command Kuril Sunrise
- Fog2 Rise of Persia

Geezer

Quote from: Pete Dero on October 31, 2018, 01:32:28 PM
The following games are excluded from the sale: ...

Hah, they added that after I posted the quote above.

ArizonaTank

Hopefully the next sale will be better....
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.