Operation Iron – a Grogheads collaborative Wargame

Started by Ian C, April 25, 2020, 10:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian C

Quote from: The_Admiral on April 26, 2020, 09:51:21 AM
Aw the kill ratio was ugly for Britain, compared to that of the French - what happened, did you lose convoys with troops on them? Is there an ugly episode Mr. Churchill has hidden from us?  :coolsmiley:

I tried roleplaying what Churchill might have done.
The orders were to "keep on attacking and give the enemy no respite".
I didn't hesitate in launching very mobile offensives where I could. The haste to push north to the coast was what did it. The Germans fought very well.

Rayfer

Great post IC....the ability to try out these alternatives is one of HoI4's greatest strengths.  Just curious...did the Russians take any aggressive action anywhere?

Ian C

Quote from: Rayfer on April 26, 2020, 10:43:34 AM
Great post IC....the ability to try out these alternatives is one of HoI4's greatest strengths.  Just curious...did the Russians take any aggressive action anywhere?

Not at all. I might try playing a new game with the Historical mode off. Trying out plans for situations that weren't historical is a new challenge.

Father Ted

Quote from: Rayfer on April 26, 2020, 10:43:34 AM
Great post IC....the ability to try out these alternatives is one of HoI4's greatest strengths.

Yes, thanks for this - gave the grey cells a little workout.  This is one of those games I thought I *ought* to have, picked up in a 75% sale, and have never even started up.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.