The man who sold FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, November 02, 2018, 05:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

The first game I'm playing tonight after I get out of work is "Daddy protects 14 year old daughter from boyfriend with baseball bat."

Well not really but I am chaperoning movie night at my house in which my 14 year old daughter has invited her first real 'boyfriend' over to watch movies.  Actually I've met him and he seems like a fine young man but as all fathers of daughters know, no boy is good enough for daughter. 

Anyway....I plan on squeezing in some, but not a lot, of Red Dead Redemption 2.

Then I've got a good game of Stellaris vanilla going on to warm up for the new Star Trek Mod that Barthheart mentioned above. 

And finally I'm going to setup one of my board games and stare at it on the table for a while.  Don't know what I'll be attempting to solo but I will set something up.  More to follow....
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Not that I'll ever need them because my daughters are never dating, but please take copious detailed notes.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

^+1...the horror...the horror...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

W8taminute

Yes, the horror!  I'll definitely be taking notes tonight and will share. 

I know you two have little ones of your own.  Enjoy them while they're still young.  Once they hit the teen years you know what happens. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Quote from: W8taminute on November 02, 2018, 03:12:31 PM
Yes, the horror!  I'll definitely be taking notes tonight and will share. 

I know you two have little ones of your own.  Enjoy them while they're still young.  Once they hit the teen years you know what happens.

Mine is 5 and already boy crazy.  :wow:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 02, 2018, 07:03:44 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 02, 2018, 05:55:42 AM
A fantastic cover of a fantastic song...

Well, another uncertain weekend gameplay-wise. Been playing Total War Warhammer II again, lately. Also, the new version of the StarWars Galaxy at War mod for Men at War AS2 has been released after years of waiting, so I'll mess around with that too. I definitely want to play something sci Fi or Space 4x...just not sure what....anyway, everybody enjoy.

You can't go wrong with poor ole Kurt (sniff, sniff)

Yep.  Definitely some War thunder, but other than that and a board game or two...I'm not sure what else.

Phantom doctrine.  I think another influence on the game is the game called Invisible.  At the moment Phantom Doctrine seems more entertaining than either Invisible or Xcom ever was.  My character arrived with a folding stock M14 which seems odd.  Plus of course nothing looks 80s...it all looks derived from Hollywood over the last 80 years (well there's your 80s ) -- but that's okay.  I kind of like the lack of any sign of any art direction -- except for some kind of derivation from movies.

Gusington

My daughters are 10 and 12...danger lurks. Everywhere.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

Tuna

Though, I guess it would've been nice to have a daughter.. as long as she skipped age 11-21.

nelmsm

Get my PBEM files answered, do some playtesting for JTS, and hopefully spend  more time on my Flashpoint Campaign Red Storm AAR.  Had one daughter and being 6'3'' and 300 lbs went a long way to keeping the boyfriends on the straight and narrow. Plus they always seemed to choose to come over when I was cleaning my shotgun.

Father Ted

Quote from: W8taminute on November 02, 2018, 01:46:34 PM
The first game I'm playing tonight after I get out of work is "Daddy protects 14 year old daughter from boyfriend with baseball bat."

Anyway....I plan on squeezing in some, but not a lot, of Red Dead Redemption 2.

Just don't get game one and game two muddled up

Toonces

Holy shit, Yazzy.  Solium Infernum...now that's a game I'd forgotten all about!  I wonder if I can still download it...gosh, I forgot I even had that guy's games.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

sandman2575

Quote from: Gusington on November 02, 2018, 09:01:43 AM
Not that I have an issue with it because I enjoy Kurt Cobain's version even more than the original

Blasphemy!!!
:tickedoff: >:( :tickedoff:

One of my fave songs ever. Nirvana's cover is great, but compared to Bowie himself?? No contest.

Huge gaming funk the past couple of weeks. Don't seem to have the mental capacity or interest to get into anything....  :(

Although I did like that Metal Gear Solid V opens with this song... even if it is the somewhat cheesy 80s synth cover.  Maybe I should fire that up....

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 02, 2018, 03:44:33 PM
Mine is 5 and already boy crazy.  :wow:

Heh, really?  When mine was 5 she thought boys were the most disgusting things in the world! :D

JasonPratt

Quote from: Toonces on November 02, 2018, 06:06:50 PM
Holy shit, Yazzy.  Solium Infernum...now that's a game I'd forgotten all about!  I wonder if I can still download it...gosh, I forgot I even had that guy's games.

JOOOINNNNN USSSSSSS!

{...uh, still looking for my CD}
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!