Age of Samurai: Battle for Japan

Started by WallysWorld, August 02, 2020, 09:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

This series started last week on Smithsonian Channel Canada and I just watched part two. Excellent docudrama with historians interspersed with actors and CGI about the Sengoku period.

The first episode was about the rise of Oda Nobunaga. The second episode was about Nobunaga's march to Kyoto, the siege of Mount Hiei and the Battle of Nagashino.

The series supposedly will be on Netflix. Definitely check it out if you find it. Makes me want to play Total War: Shogun 2 or Paradox's Sengoku.

Age Of Samurai: Battle For Japan trailer
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Sir Slash

Sounds good. Thanks for the heads-up.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Awesome, thanks for posting...can't watch the video here in the US 😔...I hope it's available here soon.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

WallysWorld

Unfortunately there's not much about the series other than announcements about it from last year. I just found it by accident in my cable guide.

The same 30 second trailer that I posted above should hopefully be available to those outside of Canada here:  AGE OF SAMURAI: BATTLE FOR JAPAN
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Destraex

Sounds great. Will peruse Netflix for it.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

Thank you WW...that second above link does work.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd