Ribs - Slow Cooker Recipe

Started by airboy, February 10, 2020, 12:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I bought half a lamb with a buddy.  This gave me a entire rack of lamb ribs to cook.  I was afraid of ruining them on the grill or the smoker.  If you cook ribs too long they become like shoe leather.

Ultimately, I invented my own rib recipe.  I've done lamb ribs and pork ribs and both worked well.  This is not complex, but is very good fall off the bone tender.  The recipe is simple.

Ingredients:
Sweet Onion
Minced Garlic
Rosemary (lamb)
Thyme (pork)
Whatever BBQ sauce you like.

Take your slow cooker (crockpot in the USA) and grease it.
Slice your ribs into one or two rib portions from the rack.
Dice enough sweet onions to cover every rib layer.
Dice enough garlic to cover every rib layer
Have enough fresh Rosemary or Thyme to use between each  rib layer

Cover the bottom of your slow cooker with a layer of ribs.
Generously cover the layer of ribs with a large portion of diced sweet onion and minced garlic.  Heavily sprinkle either fresh rosemary or fresh thyme.
Repeat with next layer of ribs until all are in the slow cooker.
Pour about 8 ounces of BBQ sauce on the top to provide enough liquid for the ribs to stay moist while cooking.

Start your slow cooker on high for 1 hour.  Then cook an additional 8 hours on low.

Martok

For all that I'm usually not a big ribs fan, that sounds amazing.  I'm glad I ate not too long ago.  :P 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces