WWI Italian Front: Isonzo

Started by Jarhead0331, September 09, 2022, 08:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Totally loin moistening and it looks visually stunning...but no single player campaign, eh :(

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on September 09, 2022, 08:58:00 AM
Totally loin moistening and it looks visually stunning...but no single player campaign, eh :(

Verdun & Tannenberg have bots for single player.  Maybe Isonzo will do the same, even if that is not the same as a real campaign.

Gusington

^Yeah I tried a few sessions with ~63 bots and it was ok...made me want a true campaign even more :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GroggyGrognard

Oh man this is a definite purchase for me. Unlike Verdun and Tannenberg, Isonzo will have an "Offensive Mode" that involves multiple maps. Success or failure in one battle will effect future battles. One team is given the mission of assaulting defensive positions and attempting to complete multiple objectives. Of course the other team is out to stop them. The battle advances through multiple defensive lines. When the attackers achieve their current objectives, the defenders must then fall back to the next line. Which will have its own set of objectives. Also, unlike the previous games, every map corresponds to a particular battle, and on a particular date. These maps are then linked together to form an "Offensive." With this mode and the unique setting, this one is a no brainer.

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Skoop

Is the offensive mode going to be available for verdun tannenburg at some point ?

Pete Dero

Released.  Get the limited edition 'Avanti Savoia' Pack if you purchase Isonzo during the launch week (until September 20th).

And from the FAQ :

Can I play Isonzo as a single player game as well?

There isn't a specific (story) single player campaign. The main focus of Isonzo is the online multiplayer aspects where you play with and against other players. However, there's the option to play offline by yourself with and against AI bots in the main Offensive game mode.

And also : Yesterday Focus Entertainment acquired historical shooter WW1 Game Series (Verdun, Tannenberg and Isonzo) from Dutch studio M2H.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220911005032/en/FOCUS-ENTERTAINMENT-Announces-the-Acquisition-of-Dutch-Studio-WW1-Game-Series-B.V.-Developer-of-the-Multiplayer-FPS-Games-VERDUN-TANNENBERG-and-ISONZO

ArizonaTank

Great to see the WWI Italian Front get some gaming attention.  It has been nearly forgotten by mainstream gaming for too long.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

^I agree and wish we would see that front represented in more games! But the bot-filled single player iterations of these game are just...not so great.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Gusington on September 13, 2022, 08:31:49 PM
^I agree and wish we would see that front represented in more games! But the bot-filled single player iterations of these game are just...not so great.

For an old guy like me, who has about a 15 second lifespan against human players, the bots work OK.

If I set bots at easy, I can play for maybe two or three minutes before I get tagged.

The other night I manned an emplaced Italian machine gun and managed to mow down a few Austrian bot attack waves before the robots finally got me...that was fun.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

Gusington

^So wait you bought Isonzo already? If so, do the bots pretty much work the same in Isonzo as in Verdun and Tannenberg?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Gusington on September 16, 2022, 10:33:49 AM
^So wait you bought Isonzo already? If so, do the bots pretty much work the same in Isonzo as in Verdun and Tannenberg?

Yes, bought a few days back. Setting up a single player server with a bunch of bots works the same as with Verdun and Tannenberg, at least from the setup perspective. You can set the bots for easy or hard.

I set them for easy. They weren't very smart or organized...but not bad.  They aren't as good as the bots in Enlisted.  Still in Isonzo the bots do make good targets, and they do shoot back. They even miss more often than they hit...a nice touch of realism.

If you are hit, but not killed, the friendly bots even put a bandage on you.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

SirAndrewD

Quote from: ArizonaTank on September 16, 2022, 01:38:57 PM
They aren't as good as the bots in Enlisted.

Yikes, well, that put me off getting it. 

The bots in enlisted make a box of hammers look like Stephen Hawking.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

Now I'm on the fence. I don't own Enlisted. But I had some fun SP in Verdun and Tanneberg. I should just take the plunge and send Arizona the receipt if I hate it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd