Today's Article: Review of Dragon Age Inquistion

Started by bayonetbrant, January 23, 2015, 09:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Good review.

Despite the love for DA:I in this very forum, I've been on the fence about getting this (and I own the other two DA titles). This makes me want to purchase it now.

I have a question: does DA:I tie in at all with the previous two games? I'm wondering if any familiar characters will appear, or if choices made in the previous games have any influence on this one.

panzerde

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 23, 2015, 10:03:13 AM
Good review.

Despite the love for DA:I in this very forum, I've been on the fence about getting this (and I own the other two DA titles). This makes me want to purchase it now.

I have a question: does DA:I tie in at all with the previous two games? I'm wondering if any familiar characters will appear, or if choices made in the previous games have any influence on this one.

Yes, it's a direct sequel to the events of the first two games. There are character carryovers and appearances from both games.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

bayonetbrant

anyone got other thoguhts / questions on the review?  The author just pinged me about it :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

I've never played any of the Dragon Age games (hard to imagine, I know, what with all of the free time on my hands) but is it still worth going back to the first one before playing Inquisition to fully appreciate the latter? I'm assuming the second should be skipped entirely.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

panzerde

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 27, 2015, 11:21:19 AM
I've never played any of the Dragon Age games (hard to imagine, I know, what with all of the free time on my hands) but is it still worth going back to the first one before playing Inquisition to fully appreciate the latter? I'm assuming the second should be skipped entirely.

DA:I can certainly be played stand alone, but there's a lot of lore and backstory worth getting. Both the first and second games are worth playing, IMO. No, the second one isn't as great as the first, but it's worth one time through to get the story.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

BanzaiCat

DA:O is well worth your time.

DA 2 is...well, it's not the same as DA:O. That's not to say it's bad, it's just not as good as the original.

I'll get DA:I someday. I have way too much epic gaming-ness backlogged right now.