Main Menu

Invasion Machine

Started by Jarhead0331, October 05, 2019, 07:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

This one caught my eye...remains to be seen how it will turn out, but it seems to be trying something new. Simulating a post-invasion peace keeping operation.

Key elements
CASEVACing your wounded: your killed and wounded troops don't disappear from the map. You'll have to try and casevac any casualties. You get your troops killed left and right? You lose the game.

Setting up Roadblocks: you'll have to control the traffic flow in the area, making sure no unwanted individuals pass through, freely

Sending out Patrols: to remain in control of the province, you'll have to send out combat patrols

Distributing Humaid: since the local infrastructure has been badly damaged durin the earlier battles, the local population relies on our help, heavily.

Protecting the locals: the Locals, living in the nearby village will have to be kept safe, or else they'll be likely to align with your enemy

Keeping the press away: if you let the press see this conflict in bad light, your job is gonna get much harder, quickly

There is a public alpha out and I think it goes live on steam in early access next week. Based on some videos I've watched there are some interesting concepts, like setting rules of engagement among a population of civilians and enemies. However, the interface looks unnecessarily clunky. We'll see.

https://invasionmachine.com/#news-open-alpha

https://store.steampowered.com/app/964650/Invasion_Machine/?snr=1_7_15__13
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Interesting, will keep an eye on this one....could be some fun with different aspect.

October must be a popular month for releasing games about "post war" events.....keep my eye on this one as well.  Rebel Inc, Escalation

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1088790/Rebel_Inc_Escalation/

====================================================================

From the creator of 'Plague Inc: Evolved' comes a unique and deeply engaging political/military strategic simulation.

In Rebel Inc: Escalation, the war is 'over' - but we all know that doesn't mean anything. In order to stabilise a war-torn country, you need to balance competing military and civilian priorities to win the hearts and minds of the people, whilst also stopping a deadly insurgency from seizing power!

Following on from the global mega hit 'Plague Inc.' with over 130 million players, Rebel Inc: Escalation offers a deeply engaging, strategic challenge inspired by the complexities and consequences of modern counter insurgency. It has received acclaim from international development experts and was even featured at a major international peace conference!

Rebel Inc: Escalation combines the original critically acclaimed gameplay with significant, all-new features, enhanced music, and improved 3D graphics for PC, with loads more still to come, including a campaign, multiplayer and Steam workshop support,

FEATURES

5 regions to stabilise - Deploy to wildly different strategic environments, from the gentle farms of 'Saffron Fields', to the impenetrable forests of 'Distant Steppe'.
6 unique governors - Each one with radical new abilities to master. Choose the 'Economist' to receive an entire year's income in one go or the 'Warlord' to train a personal militia.
Hyper-realistic - Inspired by Afghanistan, the simulation is highly detailed, containing real world development initiatives and an innovative representation of counter insurgency tactics. It has been praised by the World Bank and was even featured at a major international peace conference
Advanced civilian and military AI - Sophisticated narrative algorithms model the needs of local populations, while deadly insurgent attacks put constant pressure on your operation.
Gorgeous Graphics - Stabilise a beautifully rendered 3D world that responds to your actions and thrives as you provide jobs and services. Drone cams and civilian TV channels bring your operation to life and show you what's happening on the ground.
Clear Intelligence - Plan priorities with Intelligence Reports and Combat SITREPs, geek out with loads of new stats and graphs, and analyse your best strategies with end-of-game replays.
Coming during Early Access
More Regions and Governors - Rebuild a vast dam to prevent catastrophic floods in Azure Dam, deploy heavy tanks with the Tank Commander and more...
Campaign Mode - Conduct large-scale operations across multiple regions. Carefully manage resources and choose unique upgrades in a persistent world with all new conditions and threats.
Co-Op and VS Multiplayer - team up to efficiently stabilise the region with friends or compete in the shadows to promote your own cause.
Custom Scenario Creator - Develop your own custom scenarios and share them with other players via Steam Workshop. Who said Nation Building was hard?
And much more - including daily challenges, speed runs and Mega-Brutal difficulty. Plus loads of new maps, governors and scenarios in future (free!) updates

Tpek

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 05, 2019, 07:59:55 AM
Interesting, will keep an eye on this one....could be some fun with different aspect.

October must be a popular month for releasing games about "post war" events.....keep my eye on this one as well.  Rebel Inc, Escalation

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1088790/Rebel_Inc_Escalation/

====================================================================

From the creator of 'Plague Inc: Evolved' comes a unique and deeply engaging political/military strategic simulation.

In Rebel Inc: Escalation, the war is 'over' - but we all know that doesn't mean anything. In order to stabilise a war-torn country, you need to balance competing military and civilian priorities to win the hearts and minds of the people, whilst also stopping a deadly insurgency from seizing power!

Following on from the global mega hit 'Plague Inc.' with over 130 million players, Rebel Inc: Escalation offers a deeply engaging, strategic challenge inspired by the complexities and consequences of modern counter insurgency. It has received acclaim from international development experts and was even featured at a major international peace conference!

Rebel Inc: Escalation combines the original critically acclaimed gameplay with significant, all-new features, enhanced music, and improved 3D graphics for PC, with loads more still to come, including a campaign, multiplayer and Steam workshop support,

FEATURES

5 regions to stabilise - Deploy to wildly different strategic environments, from the gentle farms of 'Saffron Fields', to the impenetrable forests of 'Distant Steppe'.
6 unique governors - Each one with radical new abilities to master. Choose the 'Economist' to receive an entire year's income in one go or the 'Warlord' to train a personal militia.
Hyper-realistic - Inspired by Afghanistan, the simulation is highly detailed, containing real world development initiatives and an innovative representation of counter insurgency tactics. It has been praised by the World Bank and was even featured at a major international peace conference
Advanced civilian and military AI - Sophisticated narrative algorithms model the needs of local populations, while deadly insurgent attacks put constant pressure on your operation.
Gorgeous Graphics - Stabilise a beautifully rendered 3D world that responds to your actions and thrives as you provide jobs and services. Drone cams and civilian TV channels bring your operation to life and show you what's happening on the ground.
Clear Intelligence - Plan priorities with Intelligence Reports and Combat SITREPs, geek out with loads of new stats and graphs, and analyse your best strategies with end-of-game replays.
Coming during Early Access
More Regions and Governors - Rebuild a vast dam to prevent catastrophic floods in Azure Dam, deploy heavy tanks with the Tank Commander and more...
Campaign Mode - Conduct large-scale operations across multiple regions. Carefully manage resources and choose unique upgrades in a persistent world with all new conditions and threats.
Co-Op and VS Multiplayer - team up to efficiently stabilise the region with friends or compete in the shadows to promote your own cause.
Custom Scenario Creator - Develop your own custom scenarios and share them with other players via Steam Workshop. Who said Nation Building was hard?
And much more - including daily challenges, speed runs and Mega-Brutal difficulty. Plus loads of new maps, governors and scenarios in future (free!) updates

The Rebel Inc game was originally released on Android some years ago as Insurgency Inc (they changed the name since then):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ndemiccreations.rebelinc

As for Invasion Machine, it certainly looks interesting. Not many games cover these sort of subjects.

Jarhead0331

Rebel Inc. is a mobile port. I've had it on iPad for a long time. It's a good game, but it is more "gamey" than strategy and it does get old. I'd get it on pc only at a steep discount at this point.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

This sounds and looks very nice. I can't recall another game of 'peacekeeping.'

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

read this was delayed to december although the steam page does now say feb 2020.  said he had to choose a longer date for steam page  because steam was tired of him changing release date so much:)

DennisS

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 05, 2019, 08:35:13 AM
Rebel Inc. is a mobile port. I've had it on iPad for a long time. It's a good game, but it is more "gamey" than strategy and it does get old. I'd get it on pc only at a steep discount at this point.

I watched a couple of videos..once you "solve" the scenario, there is little reason to play it again.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: DennisS on November 08, 2019, 10:37:14 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 05, 2019, 08:35:13 AM

I watched a couple of videos..once you "solve" the scenario, there is little reason to play it again.

Yup. I beat each scenario and never went back to it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog