The Groginati BOARDGAMING Sales Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, December 18, 2012, 07:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 30, 2013, 01:44:51 PM
Weird web page layout. There's no 'next page' button even though there are more 'deals' than fit on the page  ("Showing 30 out of 51").  ???

According to them on Twitter, there are only 30 deals, not 51. So you aren't missing anything.

Why it's claiming there are 51, I have no idea.

GJK

Copy of Carrier and Raid on St. Nazaire for sale from a private seller on CSW:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.ee7011b/68056

Note that he does say his copy of Carrier is "worn" so I'd inquire first.

Also note the items for auction below, a good sized ASL collection for $500 though it looks like most of the stuff is 1st edition.  Still, not a bad price if you're looking to get in and get lots of scenarios/units to play with.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Nefaro

Amazon seems to have a lot of Fantasy Flight games on sale right now.  Around 20 to 25% off.

I picked up Arkham Horror.  Never played it and it is a Lovecraft theme so the purchase was inevitable.  May as well do it on a sale.

Arctic Blast

Attention Canadian people! Cult of the New is having a rather insane sale for the third weekend in a row. http://www.thecultofthenew.com/active-deals/

Every four hours until Sunday at 9PM EST, another batch of 75 games will be randomly picked by their system and given an extra markdown of anywhere from 10%-30% off on top of their usual discount. If you see less than 75, that means there were a bunch of other deals which have sold out already. The fine print :

Quote1. The Cult of the New is not allowing any 'Hold Orders', 'Local Pick-Up Orders' or the combining of orders during the duration of this Promotion. (From Friday at 9pm EST til Sunday at 9pm EST)
2. The prices of the "Prolly Won't Arrive Before Xmas, But Who Knows?" Even More Insanity Sale!!! are valid only for the 4 hour window and will revert to the normal (though awesome regular pricing) at the end of the four hour window. (that includes items held in 'carts').
3. Again, stock is limited and we fully expect to sell out, so if you want something, you may want to snag it when you see it.
4. The Cult of the New reserves the right to adjust or modify any aspect of this promotion, its rules and its duration as we see fit and with no advance notice.

And EVERYTHING is up for the system to discount. Eldritch Horror came out all of 2 weeks ago. I just grabbed a copy for $32.55.

Rekim

While we're waiting for the UpFront reprint  ::)

I came across two copies of the Avalon Hill edition of UF on eBay. Currently at $20 for both with two days left in the auction. I have a feeling the bidding may not get to crazy due to the sellers description of them being in poor condition. Judging from the pictures, the boxes are in a horrible state while the other components look to be in rather good shape. The cards have even been sleeved!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TWO-Avalon-Hill-UP-FRONT-games-1983-POOR-condition-complete-worn-/151199209002?clk_rvr_id=568642005691

Staggerwing

Shipping seems a little steep. I got my copy of Ogre shipped to me for less and that weighed as much as my 32" TV.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Rekim

The shipping for this item to Canada is $28, which is about what I'd expect to pay for two bookcase games from most online retailers in the US. It still seems like a ridiculous amount to me as well. How much is shipping to your region?

Staggerwing

Actually, I forgot to log in and, being the ebay.ca site, assumed I was in Canada as well. Once I did shipping dropped to $13.20 ($14CA) and there was no $8 import charge anymore. Looks like my eBay and eBay.ca accounts are linked as my watch list shows on both.

Did you bid already? We could always split the auction since there are two copies (assuming the components are complete) and I could parcel post you one. Would you still have to pay the import thingie?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Rekim

I already own 1.5 copies of UF, but thanks for the offer. I pointed it out as the game is sought by many, with sellers often asking for an arm and a leg for a used copy. Prices for the AH release seem to have dropped somewhat since the kickstarter campaign surfaced.

Mad Russian

Too bad you didn't say something sooner. I gave away 1st Edition copies of both Up Front and Banzai to a friend because his son was interested in WWII card games. The more tactical the better.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

bayonetbrant

S&T is holding a big back issue sale: 10 game-edition magazines for $199

https://www.strategyandtacticspress.com/secureform/?utm_source=10+GE+Back+Issues+for+199&utm_campaign=10+GE+199&utm_medium=email

includes
Modern War
World at War (WWII)
S&T

normally, a game-edition magazine is $35-40 or so, so it's a good bundle deal
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

ArizonaTank

Check your GMT email this week.  They are having a sale on in-stock items until the 9th.  50% discount for purchase up to three.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Barthheart

Quote from: ArizonaTank on May 02, 2014, 08:12:44 PM
Check your GMT email this week.  They are having a sale on in-stock items until the 9th.  50% discount for purchase up to three.

Good sale! I just ordered Unconditional Surrender.... needed a new WWII strategic level game..... really!  ;)

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Fer $35 I could not resist any longer.....