New projects...

Started by JudgeDredd, August 30, 2015, 05:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

These are the models I'll be working on over the next few months.

I do have other more desirable models to make, including a Leopard 1 A4 and a Chieftain to name two - but I'm still learning with the airbrush and so I'm doing the ones above as they aren't super kits (2 1/72 and a rather poor fitting 1/48 Harrier)
Alba gu' brath

Staggerwing

The Harrier looks like it would be good practice- lots of fiddly bits to paint such as the 2-tone drop tanks. Is the engine visible in any meaningful way when the harrier is fully assembled?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JudgeDredd

There is a cover which has the instruction "do not cement" ..so yes, it can be visible

Alba gu' brath

Staggerwing

That is gonna need some spicing up if you keep that hatch removable. Check this Mexican modeling thread out:

http://www.hobbymex.com/foro/viewtopic.php?p=145619&sid=861af77db3480eb25158b6e8fd9e75fc

You don't need nearly so much detail but a little added in could go a long way toward making the difference.

He's doing a 1/72 scale so there should be some room to put in a few bits of piping and whatnot inside your Harrier's engine compartment to sweeten up the look. You could heat and stretch some pieces of sprue to get the parts. It takes a little bit of practice but you can get some nice looking pipes and conduit. If that doesn't work for you, IIRC, you can get styrene stock in many forms including rods of different diameters from hobby suppliers.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

undercovergeek

looking forward to the harrier

JudgeDredd

Thanks Staggerwing...but I gotta be honest - I'm not into my modelling "like that".

That looks superb though...but things like that, dioramas, having the model perfectly smooth etc are not in my ZOC at the moment.

But thanks for the link...I'll be looking through that (and that is incredible if it's 1/72!)

*EDIT* I see his is a 1/72 - I'm pretty sure that one in the image above is not. But still, incredible detail
Alba gu' brath

LongBlade

Lots of modeling fun!

Keep posting your progress :)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Barthheart

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 30, 2015, 06:57:13 AM
That is gonna need some spicing up if you keep that hatch removable. Check this Mexican modeling thread out:

http://www.hobbymex.com/foro/viewtopic.php?p=145619&sid=861af77db3480eb25158b6e8fd9e75fc

You don't need nearly so much detail but a little added in could go a long way toward making the difference.

He's doing a 1/72 scale so there should be some room to put in a few bits of piping and whatnot inside your Harrier's engine compartment to sweeten up the look. You could heat and stretch some pieces of sprue to get the parts. It takes a little bit of practice but you can get some nice looking pipes and conduit. If that doesn't work for you, IIRC, you can get styrene stock in many forms including rods of different diameters from hobby suppliers.

You can use different bits of wire to achieve the same effect and easier than trying to make yer own from sprue.....

Staggerwing