Dominions 3 MP game [Running]

Started by Yskonyn, February 21, 2013, 06:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Also, I think my diddly little first commander just entered the Hall of Fame with HEROIC STUPIDITY!

After running the hell away.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Huw the Poo

Man, I'm completely surrounded by cavalry and heavy infantry!  It's gonna take a while to start claiming territory.  I suppose I could send Dave into the fray, but he's busy researching!

I've also realised I need to finish reading the manual.  I still have loads of questions about how all of this works.  Oh, and also, unless I'm mistaken it seems that crowns don't necessarily denote capitals.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 13, 2013, 02:15:16 PM
Man, I'm completely surrounded by cavalry and heavy infantry!  It's gonna take a while to start claiming territory.  I suppose I could send Dave into the fray, but he's busy researching!

I've also realised I need to finish reading the manual.  I still have loads of questions about how all of this works.  Oh, and also, unless I'm mistaken it seems that crowns don't necessarily denote capitals.

get your damn hands off my crown province - whatever it means

Huw the Poo

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 13, 2013, 02:39:28 PM

We're coming for you first!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 13, 2013, 02:48:13 PM

We're coming for you first!

inserts thumbs in ears, waggles hands, blows raspberry

Yskonyn

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 13, 2013, 02:15:16 PM

Instead of throwing out empty threats, you could think about the role mighty Caelum might play in your 'problem scenario'.
We can be dependable allies.
So sad Dave had to run his mouth like that. Tsk. Tsk.
Oh well. His head probably looks awesome on our icy spikes.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

And why would the all-powerful Dave need an alliance with your puny little band?  Your death will be particularly slow and nasty, I'm afraid.

undercovergeek

JasonPratt

That sounds like a euphamism.

Also, turn 4 should be arriving very shortly.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

undercovergeek

i can only say its a good job Mum'Rah is immortal - he just got his ass kicked - heavy cavalry hits harder than i thought!!!

Huw the Poo

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 13, 2013, 05:02:39 PM
i can only say its a good job Mum'Rah is immortal - he just got his ass kicked - heavy cavalry hits harder than i thought!!!

Yeah!  Are you surrounded by the buggers too?

Having said that, I just won a battle against them in which they were decimating me...but as soon as they took some casualties they ran away.  Is that because they didn't have a commander?

undercovergeek

i think so - scout report said 10 units - 30 more moved in as i moved my 8 in!!!

it wasnt pretty!

must try and slow down!! im trying to research, site search, war, campaign and forge with ummm - not enough people yet!!!!

JasonPratt

Waiting for Caelum and Mictlan.

Any chance of that happening tonight, or can I safely go off and do other things? (I could still safely go off until tomorrow afternoon, but I'd naturally rather get my turn in asap just to be sure.)

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 13, 2013, 06:22:01 PM
Waiting for Caelum and Mictlan.

Any chance of that happening tonight, or can I safely go off and do other things? (I could still safely go off until tomorrow afternoon, but I'd naturally rather get my turn in asap just to be sure.)

i think yskonyn likes his beauty sleep

Huw the Poo

Geek, apparently scout reports are 50-200% inaccurate, that would explain the battle you mentioned.  The number of units listed in a scouted province is always the minimum...