Dominions 3 MP game [Running]

Started by Yskonyn, February 21, 2013, 06:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubercat

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 16, 2013, 03:11:56 PM
Hopefully Mictlan are wise enough to join the winning side!

Ehh, what? I don't even know who the sides are. I'm just off in the corner doing my own thing. I'll get more ... social at some point.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Huw the Poo

Well, Caelum and Arcoscephale are about to succumb to the combined might of giants and angry armoured warriors!  You are welcome to join in the fun. :)

bob48

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 16, 2013, 06:46:13 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 16, 2013, 06:10:16 PM
Yeah I think that's the default order.  You'll automatically repair the walls, but if the enemy has a stronger force the walls will still come down eventually.

tee hee - maenads, just having pan in the place brings lots of screaming naked women in

a bit like having bob in your front room

ps - you ummm......... need any stuff?

I saw that!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Ubercat on April 16, 2013, 10:22:41 PM

Ehh, what? I don't even know who the sides are. I'm just off in the corner doing my own thing. I'll get more ... social at some point.

Well, if you joined the pre-undead / giant werewolf hordes you could have a very boring fight against me for the next few turns, and then be stuck with those guys. Or if you joined us, you could have much more interesting fights for a while against the local giants.

However, I will observe that so long as you hold off either way, the question of the game is still in (a bit of) doubt (insofar as any game with Niefelheim in it can be considered "in doubt" ;) ). Which makes your neutrality very valuable to both sides, and pretty much guarantees that everyone else will leave you to grow unchecked for a while.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 17, 2013, 04:45:21 PM
Quote from: Ubercat on April 16, 2013, 10:22:41 PM

Well, if you joined the pre-undead / giant werewolf hordes you could have a very boring fight against me for the next few turns, and then be stuck with those guys. Or if you joined us, you could have much more interesting fights for a while against the local giants.

However, I will observe that so long as you hold off either way, the question of the game is still in (a bit of) doubt (insofar as any game with Niefelheim in it can be considered "in doubt" ;) ). Which makes your neutrality very valuable to both sides, and pretty much guarantees that everyone else will leave you to grow unchecked for a while.

goddamit, youre like a bad smell - i gave you a chance!!!

now its stomping time

JasonPratt

To clarify, Niefel isn't annoyed at my diplomatic advice to Mictlan. ;)

On the other hand, Mictlan appears to have chosen a side and run with it, sort of, if expansion indications are correct.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Ubercat

Just grabbin' those indies. Low hanging fruit and all that.  ;)
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

undercovergeek

giant eyes are upon you cat-boy!!

JasonPratt

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 20, 2013, 07:06:28 PM
giant eyes are upon you cat-boy!!

He threatened you, I didn't!  ;)

(I mean, I could point out that your low-hanging fruit was in my domain, and it's generally un-neighborly to go after territories in other players' domain, but it isn't like there's much I can do about it right now, seeing as how I have some giant pests to deal with. So whatever, bask in my good vibes while I'm still around to give them.  :D Once I'm trampled underfoot it'll be all deathy scales and bad luck for you, so make hay while the sun is still shining, so to speak.)

undercovergeek

What a tale of woe!

Wait, can I hear......

Yes a tiny violin play just for arcosophale

JasonPratt

For whom does the violin toll?

It tolls for thee.

Huw the Poo

Brave unto the end, Jason!  That is to be applauded, if not your strategic capabilities. ;)

undercovergeek

JasonPratt

I'm still in LA Jomon. Haven't played MA Oceana's Groghammer turn yet, but I'm about to. Could be the end there...

Yskonyn

At least we went down together, Jason! *brofist*
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."