Dominions 3 MP game [Running]

Started by Yskonyn, February 21, 2013, 06:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

U'geek, if you retreated from sieging Caelum's forest castle, that was probably a good idea since I was coming to help my ally there very soon.

Meanwhile, anyone thinking of invading my dominion had better watch out for the Wrath, which will be constantly harassing you with increasing artillery barrages the further in you get.

I have some other surprises gearing up in the near future as well.

This was my strategy all along -- I would have been here much sooner except (1) my imprisoned pretender took just about the absolute range to break free; and more importantly (2) I thought I had a chance at slowing down Niefel's growth that I thought I had better take, forgetting that his giants regenerate more and have heavier armor than my extensive missile barrages could handle. Of course, U'geek offered to let those assaults pass, but in character I couldn't accept amnesty from chaos deathy blood giants once I started fighting with them. The upshot is that I was the one whose growth was delayed. ;)  :P Almost fatally so. It came awfully close.

Anyway, I'll be sending some help to my ally (if he stays in the game) in other ways, too, quite soon, now that I have a bit of breathing room.

So I recommend either eliminating him quickly, if you think that's possible, or retreating.  >:(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 27, 2013, 12:23:10 PM
If Ermor thinks they cannot hold the siege then I am interested to see how this will fare...

No, I'm confident I can win.  Only half of my forces are attacking Caelum; I can divert more if necessary.  I'm just saying it was a lot harder than I expected it to be, chiefly due to your damned dominion effects!

Jason: Talk is cheap.  We're coming for you next!

Ubercat

FWIW, I have no intentions of messing with Arco or Caelum......
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

undercovergeek

Yskonyn

Ahhhh it warms the cold hearts of Caelians to see such a great move by our Ally!
*brofist*
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

An unwise decision, Ubercat.  When we're finished mopping up there'll be only one target left...

undercovergeek

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 27, 2013, 01:55:56 PM
Ahhhh it warms the cold hearts of Caelians to see such a great move by our Ally!
*brofist*

im not lost am i - we are still waiting for Caelums turn?

Huw the Poo

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 27, 2013, 02:05:03 PM

Yeah, he was just referring to what Ubercat said.  Namely, his extremely silly declaration of no hostile intent toward the losers. ;)

undercovergeek

pffft - its not like i cant see him at the border, dont make me summons the troll king 3 times!!!

JasonPratt

Take note Mictlan! -- who has ever threatened you, and who has not!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 27, 2013, 02:33:31 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 27, 2013, 02:05:03 PM

Yeah, he was just referring to what Ubercat said.  Namely, his extremely silly declaration of no hostile intent toward the losers. ;)

Actually, he was referring to my recent victory, not specifically to Ubercat as our ally. (I don't want people to be mistaken about him being our ally; he's neutral at the moment, and we respect his neutrality.)

Ubercat

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 27, 2013, 01:56:23 PM
An unwise decision, Ubercat.  When we're finished mopping up there'll be only one target left...

As opposed to me NOT being the only target left after you're finished mopping up?  :P
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Huw the Poo

Good point.  You're doomed either way!

Ubercat

I'll just have to try my hardest to resist the inevitable.  :'(

- Thomas Sowell

undercovergeek