Combat Mission: Cold War

Started by IICptMillerII, February 15, 2021, 11:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old TImer

"Someone above joked (?) about a WW1 game, and I think there is scope for a tactical treatment of early WW1 stuff and also even the later trench fighting."

So much this.  I've waited so long.

Destraex

Quote from: z1812 on February 21, 2021, 10:34:27 AM
Quote from: Destraex on February 21, 2021, 02:17:08 AM
This still hurts my eyes after over 10yrs... I am still using a 1080 screen as well. My previous of a different wider resolution died and to keep my FPS up in high end games I kept the same res. I should go up to a 1440 res monitor but I think that would make the text even smaller.

I use a 3440 x 1440 monitor and CM looks great on it. I don't have a problem reading the text................but I do have glasses.
How much of the screen does your briefing screen fill?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Thomm

Sir Slash

There was a very good PTO mod for the original CMBO that I played the hell out of way back. My dream would be a new version of it.  :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

z1812

Quote from: Destraex on February 21, 2021, 09:09:37 PM
This still hurts my eyes after over 10yrs... I am still using a 1080 screen as well. My previous of a different wider resolution died and to keep my FPS up in high end games I kept the same res. I should go up to a 1440 res monitor but I think that would make the text even smaller.

I use a 3440 x 1440 monitor and CM looks great on it. I don't have a problem reading the text................but I do have glasses.

A small part in the center. The text is about the same size as you might see in a phone text message. It is easy for me to read, but as I have said I wear glasses and I know that helps.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: z1812 on February 22, 2021, 02:00:11 PM
Quote from: Destraex on February 21, 2021, 09:09:37 PM

A small part in the center. The text is about the same size as you might see in a phone text message. It is easy for me to read, but as I have said I wear glasses and I know that helps.

Although in today's modern games they should auto adjust for different screen resolutions and provide in-game UI scaling options, you can change the Windows setting to scale your display (i.e. 150% etc.) and the game/text will more fill the screen.  Again, you shouldn't have to do it and requires extra step but at least helps for now.

MOS:96B2P

It seems BFC is still planning on releasing Combat Mission Cold War in April.  However the Slitherine /Steam release will be delayed until June in order to add multiplayer support.  Steve at the BFC forum posted about the multiplayer support. Below is part of what he posted. 

We are jointly publishing Cold War with Slitherine.  Until the Slitherine launches there is no Steam version and Slitherine isn't planning on launching until June. 

So why is Cold War going to take a few more months to come out for Slitherine?  Because they asked us to put in some multiplayer support that no Combat Mission has (so far).  And it needs to be extensively tested.  Which is why an otherwise nearly complete Combat Mission game with traditional features isn't being released by Slitherine sooner.

In the same thread Steve implied other CM titles that have and/or will be released on Slitherine / Steam will also get this same multiplayer support.   :)

Zulu1966

Quote from: MOS:96B2P on April 11, 2021, 02:05:40 PM
It seems BFC is still planning on releasing Combat Mission Cold War in April.  However the Slitherine /Steam release will be delayed until June in order to add multiplayer support.  Steve at the BFC forum posted about the multiplayer support. Below is part of what he posted. 

We are jointly publishing Cold War with Slitherine.  Until the Slitherine launches there is no Steam version and Slitherine isn't planning on launching until June. 

So why is Cold War going to take a few more months to come out for Slitherine?  Because they asked us to put in some multiplayer support that no Combat Mission has (so far).  And it needs to be extensively tested.  Which is why an otherwise nearly complete Combat Mission game with traditional features isn't being released by Slitherine sooner.

In the same thread Steve implied other CM titles that have and/or will be released on Slitherine / Steam will also get this same multiplayer support.   :)

So thats likely Slitherines PBEM system ?

If cold war makes an April release i shall eat my hat and several other peoples as well.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

GDS_Starfury

dont eat any peoples, the hat has enough fiber.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Zulu1966

"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

;D  Some folks I know, the hat would be the best part.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Redwolf

So this is just fancier PBEM?

Or multiplayer-per-side?

Father Ted

Quote from: Zulu1966 on April 12, 2021, 02:58:23 PM

If cold war makes an April release i shall eat my hat and several other peoples as well.

Zulu1966 - potential consumer of both millinery and nations

MOS:96B2P

Quote from: Redwolf on April 15, 2021, 10:57:48 AM
So this is just fancier PBEM?

Or multiplayer-per-side?

I have not used Slitherine /Steam multi-player so I'm not sure how it works.  I suspect for CM it would handle the turns between two players.  Multiple players per side just sounds to good to be true.