Upcoming SGS game "We The People" screenshots

Started by WallysWorld, March 07, 2023, 12:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: devoncop on Yesterday at 12:29:25 AM
Quote from: rss334 on April 17, 2024, 07:03:43 PM
Quote from: steve58 on April 17, 2024, 03:49:21 PMAny new thoughts on this one?  Gamersgate has it on sale for the next day for ~$10 (with code GGD).

https://www.gamersgate.com/product/sgs-we-the-people/

I had it wish listed but removed it earlier in the month when the developer announced their next game despite this one not being fully finished.  The cards and battle system did not really appeal to me either which is mainly why I removed it.   If you like the time period and ageod card type games with those types of battles I'd say can't beat it for $10 bucks, I don't think they ever released the "big" patch yet to add the rest of the gameplay (could be wrong about this). 

I am in the same boat. There was supposed to be a fully fleshed out "loyalty" mechanic for the different regions (pretty important for the War of Independence) which was first said to be "coming soon after release" and now appears to have been quietly forgotten. The SGS games are okay but ongoing support is pretty threadbare from what I have seen, sacrificed to pumping out more new games.

Yeah, that is what I have noticed and makes me hesitant for future purchases.  Seems like they have so many different titles in the pipeline, attention is quickly moved to the shiny new thing, wish they would spend more time fully realizing the potential of released games.  Regardless of that, something about the game mechanics just doesn't click with me on all the SGS games and even though I have bought quite a few, have spent very little time with them including this one.  Really do like the subjects they try and cover but slowly learning my lesson that these will never work for me.

steve58

Thanks all.  Gamersgate has SGS games on sale a few times a year, so I'm going to hold off on this as well.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

ArizonaTank

I bought the game about five months ago, and have only clocked 27min according to Steam.

I am not a fan of the 'SGS Way' and this game didn't really change that. But I don't want to dissuade anyone from the game, because it is pretty well put together. If you like SGS games, this is probably a good one. For me, it's just a mechanics thing.

If you aren't sure about SGS games, I recommend trying one of their lower cost games, like SGS Glory Recalled (the WWII invasion of Hong Kong) that you can get for $9.

Think I am going to wait for Ultimate General: American Revolution to bake some more.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.