April 29, 1992 (FRIDAY)

Started by Jarhead0331, March 26, 2021, 06:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

WITE2, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, maybe some Star Citizen and IL-2 BoX.

Everyone enjoy.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

devoncop

Blimey was that almost 20 years agp ?  :o

Everyone is different but my memory from the UK was of 3 or 4 Korean shopkeepers on the roof of their supermarket trying to hold off huge numbers of rioters with automatic  rifles.

Tring to learn War in the East 2 this weekend.

This will be a huge time sink I suspect...in a good way.

Have a good weekend everyone.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Dammit Carl!

Now that supposedly the crashies* were taken care of, supposedly, I'm rounding the corner on finishing the main D.C. storyline in Division 2 - still have tons of bounties, small missions, etc. available afterwards, but will be happy to venture onto NYC and my old stomping grounds.  Still wish for a magical combination of Breakpoint's gun action, character health breakdown and vehicle use, the Div 2 mechanics of clearing areas and supporting settlements, and the sheer immersive awe that I got with Div 1 to be wrapped up all nice-like for me in a Division 3 offering (in, say, San Diego or some other West Cost big or important city just to get us off of the East Coast).  Sigh. 

*Ubi did something where the game would crash mere minutes into the action, and not just the typical once or twice a night that I'm used to.  Heard it had to do with Ubi's Connect program and it affected a number of their titles.

Stay safe, agents, and give 'em hell!

jamus34

I just got my Kickstarter haul of Chip theory games stuff so I plan to run through some games of Cloudspire and Too Many Bones.

On the video game front probably some Surviving Mars. I've been watching Strategy Gaming Dojo's tutorial series on WitE so I might try to jump into that again.
Insert witty comment here.

Anguille

Will finally have some more time this weekend.

Would like to play the following games:

- Stronghold Warlords: peace campaign
- Citadels (mission 3). The release of stronghold made me start messing around with older games. Citadels has very frequent CTDs but it's ok if you save very often.
- Pax Nova just had a patch and a free dlc.
- Stonghold 3 (mission 2 of peace campaign). Much better than what i remembered.

And probably some Master of Orion: CtS and Lords of the realm 3.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Anguille on March 26, 2021, 08:17:54 AM
Will finally have some more time this weekend.

Would like to play the following games:

- Stronghold Warlords: peace campaign
- Citadels (mission 3). The release of stronghold made me start messing around with older games. Citadels has very frequent CTDs but it's ok if you save very often.
- Pax Nova just had a patch and a free dlc.
- Stonghold 3 (mission 2 of peace campaign). Much better than what i remembered.

And probably some Master of Orion: CtS and Lords of the realm 3.

Let me know what you think of post-patch Pax Nova. I'm still loitering with intent on that one. Such potential, but last time I tried it, just no soul.

Add to my list Beta 2 for Call to Arms Gates of Hell and maybe Prime & Load with the new Regimental Combat mode and Mech Mechanic Simulator, which also just came out.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Almost 30 (!!!) years ago, Devon...sorry to be the one to tell you that.

More Assassin's Creed Valhalla, gearing up for some 1212AD (Attila Total War mod) and Enderal Forgotten Stories.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on March 26, 2021, 11:04:59 AM

More Assassin's Creed Valhalla, gearing up for some 1212AD (Attila Total War mod) and Enderal Forgotten Stories.

Maybe some sort of Total war, maybe some HLL, maybe some boardgames...a lot of my "game time" is going into constructing some Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition adventures to put into a salable PDF format.  I'll have to draw maps (so far, so good), modify the boat rules, draw some boats and characters (this is pretty iffy so far), come up with a modus operandi for an iron age alchemist, invent some spells and magic items, go from GIMP to PNG, etc. etc....the usual gamey design stuff.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on March 26, 2021, 11:04:59 AM

Oh good God Gus....😱

Thirty years ago you are right.

If the next thirty years go as fast I will be 85 in the blink of an eye so better get back to WITE 2 quickly to hopefully learn it before the Reaper arrives  ;)

Gusington

I don't think there is enough time :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Quote from: devoncop on March 26, 2021, 06:42:53 AM

Tring to learn War in the East 2 this weekend.

This will be a huge time sink I suspect...in a good way.

I definitely enjoyed the process of getting to grips with WitW.

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on March 26, 2021, 12:55:58 PM
I don't think there is enough time :/

Thanks Gus

As a tip dont apply for a job with the Samaritans....your reassurance  skills need a bit of work :DD

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

nelmsm

PBEM files to answer and then back to my Imperator Rome game. Have just bumped into a very powerful Veneto so will take some time to consolidate my previous gains while I figure out who is volunteering to join the Roman Empire next.  If I get the itch to play an actual wargamer it will be Lock 'N' Load Tactical Digital. Not much on Sunday as have Lodge officer installation and smoking a couple of pork butts for the lodge feed on Tuesday.