Main Menu

Shadow Empire

Started by Jarhead0331, April 08, 2020, 04:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Because you're a Hopeless Optimist living in a Realist Nightmare. Come over to the.... Pessimist Side.  >:(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

June 4, I think. Received the retail review code today.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Yeah, looked upthread, it has always been June 4th.

Apparently my brain read that as "weekend yay!" and then from there "NEXT weekend, yay!" by a form of osmosis.  :buck2:

(Note to self: by "next weekend" I do NOT mean it's coming next weekend, dolt!)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 22, 2020, 09:55:01 AM
Whhhhyyy! Why did I think it would be out today, whhhhyyy?!
Maybe you confused/conflated it with the Persia DLC for Field of Glory: Empires?  It would certainly be understandable if you had. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Grim.Reaper

tomorrow's the day...not sure how well it will click with me, but since different, likely a purchase anyway, assuming reasonable price....i'll guess $49.99.

jamus34

Hoping $39.99. But I will also be purchasing.
Insert witty comment here.

devoncop

This game and Grand Tactician are the two "non negotiable" releases of 2020.

Both innovative with it appears huge repeatability.

Today is yet another day when I can be grateful I am retired early (and healthy enough to enjoy it !)

As for price I am expecting £34.99 ....around 40 US.....we shall see...
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

GroggyGrognard

I've been saving my Matrix Games/Slitherine Anniversary coupon for this one.

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

al_infierno

Non-negotiable, indeed!  \m/
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Grim.Reaper

i hope my guess on price is wrong.....gladly willing to be wrong on that:)  the previous games were $39.99 so i was just thinking this one may get the "extra special" tag with a higher price....we'll see in a couple of hours.  i'll admit if it is 49.99 or higher, it likely will pause my purchase....not because of it being a bad game, just not sure how i am going to enjoy it because not my normal stuff and outside my knee jerk impulse buy range:)

airboy

-budd-

Only thing to give me pause would be a WITE price, which i don't think will be the case. I'm not usually an early adopter, except for games done by developers i'm a fan boy of, and Vic is on the short list.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

GibbyG

bobarossa

Wonder if there will be any discount codes for day one buys or for people who own ALL of Vic's other games?
edit: doesn't matter, bought it anyway.

W8taminute

The game is out now?  Where's my wallet? 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk