Main Menu

World War I Game

Started by Zulu1966, April 16, 2021, 04:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu1966

"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Jarhead0331

Same developer that did Rise of Liberty, which is a great little game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I am in like Flynn,  but how are they going to make WWI trench warfare not monotonous?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Zulu1966 on April 16, 2021, 04:51:15 PM
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1560250/Rising_Front/

Looks cool...

I have been waiting for someone to make a game where the player can command masses of semi-intelligent bots to make battlefields feel more realistic. Could this be one of those games?

There have been a few games that have done this, and the ones that have done it well are among my favorites.

Also, I saw this pop up on Steam.  "Isonzo" Another WWI game based on the war in the Italian Alps... 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1556790/Isonzo/
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Thomm

A lightweight game which reminds me of 'Brass Brigade'.

Excellent!

Best regards,
Thomm

Gusington

Isonzo popped up for me too on Steam. Interesting to see more interest in WWI as we get further away from it in time.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Thomm on April 17, 2021, 09:04:56 AM
A lightweight game which reminds me of 'Brass Brigade'.

Excellent!

Best regards,
Thomm

While I like Brass Brigade, I feel there are enough of the mindless bot games out there.  You know the ones were the bots constantly pop into the spawn points and then charge straight at the enemy. Ravenfield, Rise of Liberty and Total Tank Simulator also come to mind.

What is rare in gaming is where the bots have some semi-thinking AI, and best yet if they fight in a unit. For example, I just got done playing an epic battle in Mount and Blade Bannerlord. The AI divided the armies into logical units...cavalry, archers, infantry etc. My character commanded about 100 archers. I positioned them on a slightly rising hillock. Soon after my guys got into position, an AI enemy group of about 30 light cavalry charged my formation...they didn't make it far...their horses were cut down by a storm of arrows, and the few cavalrymen that made it to my line were de-horsed and then cut down. My line of archers held.

Thats what I am looking for...units and formations...not zombies.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ravenfield and the like...I play them when I just want mindless fun...but I am really looking, and will pay premium prices for the next step up. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.