A number of patches released.....

http://community.battlefront.com/forum/113-combat-mission-general-discussion/

We've just released new patches for the following games:

Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy

Combat Mission: Black Sea

Combat Mission: Shock Force 2

Combat Mission: Fortress Italy

Combat Mission: Final Blitzkrieg

The patch for Red Thunder will come out with the release of the Fire and Rubble module.

The fixes for each game vary. Most are minor bug fixes and TO&E fixes. The one fix that they are share is that infantry is less likely to leave good cover when under fire. Infantry will not rout toward known enemy units.

al_infierno

Those infantry behavior improvements sound real nice.  No more banzai charges!  O0
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Redwolf

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 16, 2020, 05:56:21 PM
The one fix that they are share is that infantry is less likely to leave good cover when under fire. Infantry will not rout toward known enemy units.[/i]

Wasn't that fix part of every release note since ca. 2007? :)

Mostly, kinda kidding.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Redwolf on July 17, 2020, 09:57:15 AM
The one fix that they are share is that infantry is less likely to leave good cover when under fire. Infantry will not rout toward known enemy units.[/i]

Mostly, kinda kidding.

No, because the problem was not introduced until the CMx2 series was released, which if I recall, was sometime in 2011. I don't think the problem was even there until CMx2 was updated to engine 3 or 4.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

I recall it was an Engine 4 artifact indeed. There was a supposed fix in the previous patch but is was inconsistent.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

IICptMillerII

Having pushed for a fix for the infantry behavior for a long time (I was one of the first to point out the issue introduced with the version 4 upgrade) and someone who did a lot of behind the scenes beta testing, along with the other beta testers, I can confidently say that the bug has been thoroughly and completely squashed. Furthermore, the new TacAI behavior is quite good and in my opinion an improvement overall, but just a fix.

Redwolf

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 17, 2020, 10:06:58 AM
Quote from: Redwolf on July 17, 2020, 09:57:15 AM

Mostly, kinda kidding.

No, because the problem was not introduced until the CMx2 series was released, which if I recall, was sometime in 2011. I don't think the problem was even there until CMx2 was updated to engine 3 or 4.

CMx2 was released July 27, 2007.

It had this problem.

fran

A number of patches released.....

http://community.battlefront.com/forum/113-combat-mission-general-discussion/

We've just released new patches for the following games:

Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy

Combat Mission: Black Sea

Combat Mission: Shock Force 2

Combat Mission: Fortress Italy

Combat Mission: Final Blitzkrieg

The patch for Red Thunder will come out with the release of the Fire and Rubble module.

The fixes for each game vary. Most are minor bug fixes and TO&E fixes. The one fix that they are share is that infantry is less likely to leave good cover when under fire. Infantry will not rout toward known enemy units.

Thank you  :bd:

Elvis

Quote from: Yskonyn on July 17, 2020, 10:46:11 AM
I recall it was an Engine 4 artifact indeed. There was a supposed fix in the previous patch but is was inconsistent.

Correct. Until the first 4.0 patch all conversation about infantry holding in place was subjective. Opinions, everywhere from "it's fooked" to "it is just right" and everywhere in between. The first 4.0 patch introduced a weird behavior where infantry would rout from behind hedgerows toward the enemy. No bueno. A patch was released to correct that and it seemed fine. Until a player sent me some test scenarios to show that it really wasn't fixed. That led to a different way of looking at the issue and what we have today. If anyone has followed my AAR/DAR you'll be able to see how hard it is to dislodge infantry from good cover.

Michael Dorosh

Any news on the bug that prevents map makers from putting water at more than a single contour elevation?