Main Menu

Greeting from Poland!

Started by braaaur, March 26, 2019, 03:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

braaaur

Hello, my name is Jacob and I'm 30 now. I'm living in Poland and English is my second language.

I'm a big fan of strategy gaming both digital and tabletop. I enjoy strategy games as simple as C&C series, all the way through turned based strategy games, grand strategies (Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron), digital (Panzer General, Panzer Corps etc.) and tabletop wargames, to end with some tabletop strategies like Twilight Empire, Heroes of Normandie, Twilight Struggle etc. I played some multi-player strategy games, mostly RTS like SC1 or Down of War, but I never managed to be especially good at them.

I'm working at the University (Military University of Technology, Warsaw, Poland) as assistant professor (mechanical engineering) and I'm leading a small team of people responsible for upcoming PC strategy game Radio Commander. In this project I'm also a lead designer and programmer.

Also I'm brewing my own beer, traveling, hiking, riding enduro motorcycle and doing other stuff.

Best regards
Jacob

Jarhead0331

Awesome! We're glad to have you here and we are really looking forward to Radio Commander!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Somewhat anyway!  ::)

Here's the thread discussion: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=23286.msg640594#msg640594

My own appreciation for the project has increased somewhat thanks to the dev's feedback here.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Welcome Jacob to the Grogheads. Happy to have the brave Poles represented here.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

Welcome to GrogHeads, Jacob!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Dammit Carl!

Impressive credentials!

Howdy!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd