Main Menu

Critter R.I.P.

Started by Bison, May 13, 2012, 06:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Can anyone here confirm if this is true?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3103878&mpage=1&key=&#3103900

This is Debbie, Critter's girlfriend. I know he was on this site often. Critter had a heart attack on 5.3.12. We had to take him off the ventilater this last Tuesday. They tried to for 25 minutes to get a heartbeat, they succeeded. However, due to the lack of blood flow to the brain, he was in a vegetative state. He would only open his eyes half way, was not able to focus or make contact with you. He also could not follow any commands such as looking around the room or squeezing your hand. Critter died early this morning.

Jesus if this is true.  It's very sad news indeed.  Critter was a very thoughtful man and he will be sorely missed.

son_of_montfort

I haven't heard anything like this, but Critter has been offline for quite some time. I sure hope this isn't true, Critter was a fine person and great to talk to. But I can't imagine anyone would be so crazy as to put a post like that up for a joke, so I hate to say I think it may be valid. I will miss him as well.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Bison

I've searched on google and bing and didn't see an obituary for Raymond Cheatham.  He sent me a package in Afghanistan with some pictures colored by his grand kids. Just really sad news.

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on May 13, 2012, 07:04:00 PM
I've searched on google and bing and didn't see an obituary for Raymond Cheatham.  He sent me a package in Afghanistan with some pictures colored by his grand kids. Just really sad news.

The announcement was just made on the forums. It may take a couple of days to show up. Keep looking and keep us posted. I don't see him registered here as Critter so there's not much I can do from here.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

:( I am sad to hear this. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

RIP, Critter.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Centurion40

I'm fucking stunned.  I mean what?  Holy fuck.  :'(

Any time is a good time for pie.

Centurion40

Usually takes a day or two after a death for an obituary to show-up in newspapers. Very, very sad.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

statistically, I'm surprised we haven't lost anyone else in the 7+ years I've been hanging around with this gang.

But to lose a thoughtful and articulate guy like Critter really sucks.

RIP Critter...may there be plenty of dice in whatever heaven you find yourself.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

I guess there won't be an obituary for a few days.  I miss read the original post and thought that he'd passed away last Tuesday.

Mr. Bigglesworth

:(
RIP Critter. His voice will be missed.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

MetalDog

Critter and I had an ongoing Civ game for a while.  We talked occasionally and he even promised to get by and have a beer with me.  I asked him to come over to Grogheads, but, I think he was attached to Azz.  I used to get texts from Ray from time to time and Azz would Reply All whatever his response was.  I switched phones about a month ago and lost some of my Contact information.  Critter was one of them.  I'm sorry about the news.  I hope it isn't true, but I'm afraid it may be.  R.I.P. my friend.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

son_of_montfort

Keep us posted in the next few days. Such sad news.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Steelgrave