What's Cool in Science This Week?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 09, 2017, 11:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Emeraldlis

Quote from: mirth on December 26, 2017, 09:08:06 AM
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/06/explore-3D-painting/

That's a really lovely article  :smitten: I'm a big art lover , and to see that they've found a way to help blind people appreciate stunning works of art , in a tactile way , is very heart warming  :clap: great find Mirth , enjoyed the read  O0
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Labbug

http://www.foxnews.com//science/2018/01/01/60-million-year-old-meteor-strike-uncovered-on-remote-isle-skye.html

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

steve58

Now I see where van Gogh got his inspiration.  Who know he had access to such an advanced telescope  ???

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

Turns out Jupiter is just one big Lava Lamp.  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Emeraldlis

Damn. Those lamps are memorising   :o  van gogh might never have painted anything resembling jupiter, if he'd have had one of those in his apartment! Might have calmed him down too... .. Saved him from chopping off an ear  :hide:
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

Sir Slash

I heard that was to impress his girlfriend. Back in the day when self mutilation impressed women. Boy, have things changed? Try sending a girl an ear or even a couple of fingers today and see how far it gets you. Today it's got to be at least a major organ or two. And they still want the toilet seat left up.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

trailrunner

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 10, 2018, 11:47:44 PM
I heard that was to impress his girlfriend. Back in the day when self mutilation impressed women. Boy, have things changed? Try sending a girl an ear or even a couple of fingers today and see how far it gets you. Today it's got to be at least a major organ or two. And they still want the toilet seat left up.

With cellphones, we can just sext the image we want to send.  No need to cut off an ear anymore.

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 10, 2018, 11:47:44 PM

....  :DD All she probably said to him, is that every now and then she'd like a listening ear. And the romantic in him took it literally instead of metaphorically! Or maybe she just really liked his ear, some woman are kinky that way  ;D And the toilet seat being left in the correct position, just goes without saying.  ;D

Quote from: trailrunner on January 11, 2018, 06:21:42 AM

With cellphones, we can just sext the image we want to send.  No need to cut off an ear anymore.

You could start an ear sexting trend with a comment like that  ;D 

Pete Dero

Hubble scores unique close-up view of distant galaxy

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-42692843

The Hubble telescope has bagged an unprecedented close-up view of one of the Universe's oldest known galaxies.
Astronomers were lucky when the orbiting observatory captured the image of a galaxy that existed just 500 million years after the Big Bang.
The image was stretched and amplified by the natural phenomenon of gravitational lensing, unlocking unprecedented detail.

Sir Slash

Better leave that alone. I think Thanos lives there.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Pete Dero on January 16, 2018, 11:55:17 AM
Hubble scores unique close-up view of distant galaxy

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-42692843

The Hubble telescope has bagged an unprecedented close-up view of one of the Universe's oldest known galaxies.
Astronomers were lucky when the orbiting observatory captured the image of a galaxy that existed just 500 million years after the Big Bang.
The image was stretched and amplified by the natural phenomenon of gravitational lensing, unlocking unprecedented detail.

thats where Windy comes from.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.