What's Cool in Science This Week?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 09, 2017, 11:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Sir Slash

The Time of the Tomb Kings approaches!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Sir Slash

OK. I'll say it first. Food from Uranus?  :o   Will this qualify NASA as a 'shit hole country'?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Sir Slash

That's probably just Bob having fun with a can of spray paint again. Remember the red and green squirrels he did last Christmas?

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

The "Moon," or as some like to call it, "Studio City, CA's Warner Brothers Lot #41A"

Sir Slash

That's an old diagram. Oprah now owns half of it.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bbmike

^Cool article! But I suspect Sir Slash will be along momentarily to have fun with a certain planet's name.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on February 07, 2018, 09:56:26 AM
^Cool article! But I suspect Sir Slash will be along momentarily to have fun with a certain planet's name.  :P

Marsha! Marsha! Marsha!

Sir Slash

Challenge Accepted!  If you've ever had Neptune in Uranus you'd need more than water in your mantle to handle-it. Water that's both solid and liquid you say? I bet it would mix great with Bourbon. And be hard to spill too.  :bd:   Bartender, give me a Bourbon and Superionic!  "In Uranus"?  No, in my glass dammit!