What's Cool in Science This Week?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 09, 2017, 11:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 28, 2018, 11:24:01 PM
Yes, we have peat in Florida. But we call him 'Pete' like he prefers. And just like today, 7000 years ago nobody could afford to live on the Gulf and just went there to be buried.

You remember that, do you, old-timer? :)

Sir Slash

That's the reason why I NEVER go to the beach anymore. Somebody always comes by and tries to throw me back into the Peat Pit.  >:(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Windigo

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 06, 2018, 10:23:01 AM
That's the reason why I NEVER go to the beach anymore. Somebody always comes by and tries to throw me back into the Peat Pit.  >:(

Better than being rolled into the water....
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Ubercat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 11, 2018, 07:52:57 AM
http://www.thespaceacademy.org/2017/09/nasa-saw-something-come-out-of-black.html

Nice one, Brant! I read your link before clicking it and saw "NASA saw something come out of black ...."

My mind instantly filled in " ... depths of space."
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Emeraldlis

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Sir Slash

So we don't need to go to it. It's coming to us, right? Very interesting. Thanks for the post Emeraldlis.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bob48

"OK, look, buy one and you can have the other one at half price"
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Sir Slash

"I know a green Orion Slave Girl, built like a Romulan Battlecruiser, and with a pair of......"    :wow:

trailrunner

Quote from: bbmike on March 13, 2018, 03:57:58 PM

"If you ask a question, you can turn these over to get the answer.  Here - try it."

Steelgrave

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 13, 2018, 10:04:16 AM
So we don't need to go to it. It's coming to us, right? Very interesting. Thanks for the post Emeraldlis.

Glad you liked it  O0 yeah it's coming to us, but no need to panic, it's only gonna happen in 4 billion years time  :D what's cool though, is that the distance between all of the stars is so great, that when andromeda "collides" with our milky way galaxy, nothing should crash into each other and get destroyed. They should really say these two galaxy's will merge.... But you know what it's like, it's more sensational to say they are going to collide  :idiot2:  it would be epic to see a huge galaxy in the night sky though!  <:-)

Quote from: trailrunner on March 13, 2018, 06:59:16 PM
Quote from: bbmike on March 13, 2018, 03:57:58 PM

"If you ask a question, you can turn these over to get the answer.  Here - try it."

:2funny:  :2funny: I think I'll pass, those things never went my way  :hide:
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog