Main Menu

Crash dive is out

Started by Rogo727, June 17, 2014, 12:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogo727

First true u-boat sim on iPad been playing for hours and it's outstanding.  No IAPs

Barthheart

Thanks for the post! Just downloading now.....  8)

Jarhead0331

Good game, but I wouldn't really call it a sim. The war patrols are nice, but I'd like to see more of a campaign where you can really build a commander and have a career. For $10, I'd like to see a bit more meat on the bone. Still, definitely a must have game for mobile.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rogo727

It's 6.99 and yes it's not silent hunter for PC  but it's the best uboat sim on the iPad .

Jarhead0331

^right. 6.99. Even at that price, I still wouldn't call it a sim.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Barthheart

This is a fun game. It really does need a career mode, but the war patrol mode is fun.

Got creamed my first try at medium, so have been playing on easy to try and get good at my stalking... 136,000+ best game so far.

Wish there was a time control when you are patrolling. Also wish you could change the priority of the repairs being done.

Barthheart

Ok, I've been playing a lot of this. Even managed to get 100,000+ tones on hard.
It's fun and to me has the same feel as The Hunters boardgame. Each war patrol you do is just like a single patrol in Hunters. So it should be easy for them to create a career mode.... I think.

On hard, the convoys zig zag before you shoot and try to speed up and disperse after your first hit. Fletcher class DD's make it real miserable to stick around so you have to shoot and scoot. Some times you can re-attack a convoy but they pick up speed while the DD's are chasing you so it not always possible. I can now usually survive a patrol on hard but it's difficult to get a large amount of tonnage.

Hope they keep working on it.

O0