Zulus on the Ramparts! for iOS

Started by Barthheart, February 22, 2013, 03:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

spelk

spelk

Okay, had a few games, its obviously a dream come true for me, but I must say it is brutal. Two unlucky draws and the Zulus are in the compound and its a defeat. The board game has slightly more forgiving track inside the drift, this adaptation seems to be simpler & therefore less forgiving.

The main gripe I have is that there are some overly long loading times, between starting the game, ending the game (for a defeat screen usually). Plus there's a quick black loading screen between combat.

I can see me playing it a lot, its nicely themed although there are one or two spelling mistakes - leftenant indeed :)

The combat dice rolls are done with fruit machine spinners, and you can do them individually or all at once.

Although luck is a big part of the token draw, knowing the ins and outs of the hero cards is where you exert your control on proceedings. The battle spinners will just add more tension .

Anyway, I'm still glowing over the fact my fave states of siege game has been made.

Bismarck

Jim Cobb

son_of_montfort

This is a great game, I just got the physical copy of the deluxe version last week. My only caveat is that it takes as long to play the iPad version as it does to play the physical version, and it is very portable. So if you own the deluxe version in print, then I am not sure it is worth the extra $$ to get the iPad version. Still, I am glad I have both! Such a great game! I look forward to my copy of Dawn of the Zeds coming!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Bismarck

The iPad version plays like the video review but with a good tutorial, nice graphics and easy mechanics. Winning is tough and depends on understanding the hero cards and luck, Instead of dice, one spins ala a slot machine.
Jim Cobb

0kult13

Got the driod version, winning is tough is a understatment =) getting the barricades up is a must. Great fun well worth the £'s