Wargaming is going mobile!

Started by Lord Zimoa, July 24, 2013, 07:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

Yes, this is going to have similar gameplay to the PC version of WoT, scaled down for simplicity and speed to work better on tablets. It's a lot of fun, but it's not exactly the same game (my son loves it - he's 9 and has 5000+ battles in WoT PC, and hundreds in WoT Xbox 360). 8)

addme

Silly spammer! Don't you know true grognards never sleep? NO SPAM FOR YOU!
**ADD ME**

MikeGER

Got a sneak a peek granted of Panzer Corps on IPad at the Spiel2013 ...demonstrated by JDM himself! Cool :)

...unfortunately Slitherine doesn't like Android all to much, too many different OS versions and hardware combinations making the developing/porting costly difficult.
so not everything will reach the Android world ...at least, atm.

If there is a killer game not on Android any time soon after the IOS release, that i want mobile badly (no PC version, or those remote desktop PC-to-tablet doohickey doesn't work comfy with it)  .... i maaay consider getting an older used IPad, only for the beer&pretzel "Couch General"-needs one day  ....-the Armchair remains in front of the PC!

(but not any time soon, where the tablet market is shifting from IOS to Android sales and marketshare more an more  :P

so effective at 1 July 2013:   Two of three tablet toting wargamers need an Android version 
....and in a year -linear extrapolation-  it will be four of five )         

Barthheart

Yeah but market share doesn't matter until you get iOS users abandoning their iPads and the Android world can standardize their hardware and software. Developers aren't going to sink tons of money into try to get a $5 game to play on dozens of different setups when they easily develop for iOS.

I've seen some cool stuff out for Android but I have no idea what it needs to run on..... so I'm not buying into the Android market.

I'm not a big fan of Apple but I do really like my iPad as a gaming platform.

Staggerwing

Also, a lot of that Android market share is comprised of ubercheap 7" tablets and throwaway phones who's reliability and performance are woeful. These POSs wouldn't be able to play the kind of games most of us are interested in. A fairer comparison would be of tablets whose quality and abilities are at least on par with the iPad2.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

FlickJax

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 06, 2013, 06:45:37 AM
Also, a lot of that Android market share is comprised of ubercheap 7" tablets and throwaway phones who's reliability and performance are woeful. These POSs wouldn't be able to play the kind of games most of us are interested in. A fairer comparison would be of tablets whose quality and abilities are at least on par with the iPad2.

Samsung are by far the top seller in Android.