Main Menu

Rome II: 1100 AD

Started by MengJiao, January 09, 2022, 05:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

A Mod:

Byzantines on the march in the Northern Balkans:

Gusington

Sweet. Love the addition of the...is that an image of an angel? I am either going to start a campaign as the Holy Roman Empire or Kievan Rus tonight or tomorrow.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on January 09, 2022, 05:46:01 PM
Sweet. Love the addition of the...is that an image of an angel? I am either going to start a campaign as the Holy Roman Empire or Kievan Rus tonight or tomorrow.

It's probably the Archangel Michael, very popular for armies and mountain top beacons and son on.  The electric glow on the image is kind of disturbing.  No doubt real Byzantine banners were
graphically consistant with the rest of the universe. 

bobarossa

I've only done part of the tutorial for RTW2 (couple weeks ago).  Have subscribed to 1100AD and looking forward to getting my head handed to me (or is that thrown at me) by it.

MengJiao

Quote from: bobarossa on January 09, 2022, 08:54:24 PM
I've only done part of the tutorial for RTW2 (couple weeks ago).  Have subscribed to 1100AD and looking forward to getting my head handed to me (or is that thrown at me) by it.

Take one of the bigger states -- the Almoravids or the Fatamids or France or the HRE.  The Byzantines might be okay, but they start with some major issues and need some careful adjustments early on.
Don't take a small state like say, the Dukedom of Normandy.  When you only have 3 armies and 2 fleets and all but one army joins the rebellion against you...well you are sunk.  With the Byzantines, they start with (potentially) 15 armies and 5 fleets...as long as you build up with a cushion, you can survive a few rebellions.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on January 10, 2022, 09:45:42 AM
Quote from: bobarossa on January 09, 2022, 08:54:24 PM

Take one of the bigger states -- the Almoravids or the Fatamids or France or the HRE.  The Byzantines might be okay, but they start with some major issues and need some careful adjustments early on.
Don't take a small state like say, the Dukedom of Normandy.  When you only have 3 armies and 2 fleets and all but one army joins the rebellion against you...well you are sunk.  With the Byzantines, they start with (potentially) 15 armies and 5 fleets...as long as you build up with a cushion, you can survive a few rebellions.

The Byzantines are okay.  Like I said, careful early on and then they are okay so far...
  Here some Byzantines experience a moment of wondering why things suddenly got so quiet on their part of the battlefield:

Gusington

The guy on the left looks like he sees something horrible coming at him.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on January 23, 2022, 03:41:03 PM
The guy on the left looks like he sees something horrible coming at him.

I think this was just before they all started celebrating a minor victory over some well-armored, rebellious spearmen.  The pause might be because they had defeated their batch, but some fighting was still happening close by.